10 Ways To Save Money at Shaw’s Supermarkets
When it comes to grocery shopping, it can be quite the task that not many can truly say they love. I, on the other hand am the minority because I love to food shop for my family of five. Shaw’s Supermarket happens to be my favorite place to save money while grocery shopping because their deals, prices, markdowns, and now MyMixx Savings Program have me going back week after week.
Food Shopping is like a game to me these days. I have perfected the ability to spend about $60 each week which buys my family dairy, meats, fruit, veggies, and a few treats. When you are a frequent shopper at Shaw’s Supermarkets you get to know their markdown areas, quality and prices. That is why I want to share my tips on 10 Ways to Save Money at Shaw’s Supermarkets.
1. Know your store’s layout- This may sound strange, but by knowing your store’s layout, you begin to find the sections of each department where the markdowns are. You will also save time shopping, after all, time is money!
2. Search Clearance and Markdowns– One thing I LOVE about Shaw’s Supermarkets is the fact that they are a zero waste store. Having even worked their briefly, I know that they hate throwing anything out! Fruits, Veggies, dairy, and even bakery finds can be found in special areas throughout the market.
3. Buy Mark-down Fruit & Veggies to Freeze– Many times Shaw’s will reduce the price on almost perfect fruits and veggies at their cost due to tiny bumps or bruises. This is the perfect time to stock up and cut up things like bananas, apples, or even peppers for your next meal. I love finding these deals when I can because overripe fruit is perfect for applesauce or pies.
4. Freeze Markdown or Super Sale Dairy– One thing I love about Shaw’s is that they have some of the best dairy deals. I love their butter, yogurt, and even milk sales. Sometimes, I even find mark-down yogurt which I freeze. Yes, that is right–you can freeze yogurt, or use it creatively. One way to use it is by making yogurt dots for your kids.
5. Use Coupons-While this may be an obvious way to save, so many people fail to realize the savings coupons can yield. Does it take time to clip coupons, yes! This can be a huge downfall if you feel as if you don’t have the time, and I get that. That is why no-hassle savings programs like MyMixx are amazing!
6. Sign up for the FREE MyMixx Savings Program available at Shaw’s and other Albertson’s markets across the country. MyMixx takes less than 5 minutes to sign up for and can be done from a desktop or mobile phone. Once signed up, you can clip “Clipless” coupons which are essentially the same as you can find online. However, by virtually clipping them, you are saving money.
MyMixx also keeps track of virtual receipts, has a recipe dashboard, a store list feature, and more! By signing up now, you can save $5/$20 future order! To redeem this offer, simply enter the phone number you used to sign up for MyMixx at checkout.
7. Compare Competitor Sales– One thing I do each week is compare local grocery stores against one another. 75% of the time, Shaw’s will have a better sale. However, if that is not the case, see if you can find a coupon to make Shaw’s worth the trip.
8. Buy Meats in Family Bulk Packs– One thing I love about Shaw’s is their meat prices. I have honestly never been able to get better prices elsewhere on such quality meats. I love that Shaw’s almost always has unadvertised deals in-store! They also have organic, sustainable meats if you prefer that at awesome prices per pound!
The best thing about buying in bulk is that you can separate the portions into smaller meals. I love doing this because I feel as if I get double the savings–especially when I get chicken breast under $2 per lb!
9. Shop with Incentives in Mind-One awesome thing about Shaw’s lately is that they have been having the best promotions around for shoppers! Currently, they are running their Monopoly Game program where you can earn game pieces for buying certain items. These game pieces each fit on a paper game board that has some ahh-mazing prizes! Plus, as if the chance to win a $1,000,000 wasn’t enticing enough, these game pieces could also have instant win prizes or coupons=win/win! * see here for complete rules and details.
10. Plan Meals Around Sales– Is ground beef on sale this week? If so, how about meatloaf, tacos, or minestrone soup? What if chicken breast is one a hot sale–maybe fajitas? I have been planning my meals around sales since I was 19, and this has saved me a ton of my hard earned money.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Shaw’s. The opinions and text are all mine.