How to Make Chicken Mozambique- Our Portuguese Recipe
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you so much for your support-much appreciated!
Since I love to cook foods that represent my heritage I have decided to share my recipe for how to make Portuguese Chicken Mozambique. This dish is very flavorful, and tender. It is a much cheaper way to enjoy the spicy flavors of the Mozambique sauce, but with chicken in place of the shrimp. *Please note this is not a diet friendly food, but more of an indulgence as it does use almost 2 sticks of butter.
How to Make Chicken Mozambique- Our Recipe
- 2 lbs chicken cut in cubes
- 3 packs of Sazon Goya Azafran Seasoning
- 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 1 full Garlic Clove (whole thing)
- Franks Red Hot Sauce-use as much as you’d like to achieve your desired level of heat
- 8 0z of Portuguese white wine or 8 oz of Beer (no light varieties)
- Rice (side dish)
- Cube your chicken breast
- Mince your garlic
- In an extra large frying pan, or shallow stock pot saute your garlic in your butter on medium heat
- Add in your chicken
- Add your wine
- Once your chicken is starting to look a bit cooked add in your Sazon Goya spices, hot sauce
- Let the dish simmer on medium heat for around 20 mins
- Prepare your rice, and serve this dish with the chicken on top-you can add extra sauce to the rice
We hope you enjoy our Chicken Mozambique Recipe!