Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe
Did you decide to grow zucchini this year? I know we did, and between the zucchini and the yellow squash I can’t keep up! I guess I can’t complain that we have a healthy crop, but wow is it crazy just how much it is growing! To combat my exploding crops, I have decided to start slicing, chopping, and pureeing my crop.
I simply chose my preferred methods, and put them in two cup portions in zippered bags in my freezer for a later date. Fresh veggies tend to spoil faster than regular ones so this method really works for us. When I want to make things like soup, stir fry, or zucchini bread, I simply remove a bag from the freezer, and my work is cut out for me.
Since I have so much zucchini it would only be natural to make either zucchini bread or muffins. While I do have a more conventional zucchini bread recipe on the site, I decided to switch things up an make a Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe. My family has been doing amazing at eliminating white sugar from our diets. By using all natural honey, you are cutting out all the refined junk from your recipe.
This Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread is sooo incredibly moist, and truly delicious. Best of all, it is low carb, and gluten free for my child.
Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cocoa powder
- 1/4 teas. sea salt
- 1/2 teas. baking soda (non-reactive, but technically not Paleo)
- 2 lg eggs
- 2 tbls. coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbls. vanilla extract
- 1 med zucchini food processed (about 2 cups)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together all your dry ingredients.
- Add your eggs, oil, honey, and vanilla extract; mix well until creamy.
- Pour your batter into your loaf pan
- Place it in the oven for 35-40 minutes. Use a toothpick to ensure it is done. Keep in mind that this bread is VERY moist, and so delicious. It can also be cooled, sliced and froze. I have also used this same recipe for muffins, but you will need to reduce the time to 15-18 mins (same temp)
Enjoy your Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread