Disneynature: Bears Now Available for Purchase Today!
Today, August 12th marks the release of Disneynature: Bears. We were able to receive a copy to watch and found the movie to be very heartwarming, and simply beautiful. I have never had the privilege of experiencing such a touching and heartwarming movie that is based on animals in wild life. It was amazing to follow mother bear Sky, and her little cubs Amber and Scout on their journey from birth on.
My kids loved to see the baby bears grow, hunt, and face challenges that bears typically come in contact with in the wild. Narrated by John C. Riley, this is a must-see movie for all ages. Ever since a little girl, I have always loved bears, but after this movie my fondness for these creatures has grown. I felt as if I could relate to Sky, and the challenges of motherhood as she raised her two babies in the cold Alaskan environment.
From Disneynature, the studio that brought you “Earth” and “Chimpanzee,” comes the must-own true life adventure “Bears,” available on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy), Digital HD, Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA), and On-Demand, Aug. 12, 2014. An epic story of breathtaking scale, this heartwarming and visually spectacular film showcases a year in the life of a bear family as two impressionable young cubs are taught life’s most important lessons.
Families everywhere can now travel to a majestic Alaskan wilderness teeming with life without leaving home as “Bears” arrives on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, and Digital HD featuring stunning high definition picture, transporting sound, and excitingbonus features both parents and their children will love.
To celebrate the in-home debut of “Bears,” Disneynature is proud to continue the conservation program initiated with the film’s theatrical release. For every purchase of the movie through August 19, 2014, Disneynature will make a donation through the Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund to the National Park Foundation, the official charity of America’s national parks,to further protect and conserve endangered or threatened wildlife and wild places as well as enhance field research across more than 2.9 million acres of National Park Service land.
Bonus features on the “Bears” Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, and Digital HD include the music video for “Carry On,” featuring Olivia Holt, and four making-of featurettes, including “Welcome To Alaska,” which tracks the filmmakers as they set forth on an epic journey to film Sky and her cubs out in the wilds of the Alaskan frontier; “The Future For The Bears,” which spotlights a special visit to the film’s production from legendary primatologist and conservationist Jane Goodall; “A Guide to Living With Bears,” which introduces viewers to the guides who instructed the filmmakers on how to work with these magnificent creatures; and “How Did They Film That?,” which provides an inside look on some of the extreme filmmaking that went into getting shots high in the mountains and under frigid cold water.
Bonus Materials for This Product:
Blu-ray, Digital HD & DMA
- Welcome To Alaska – Journey with the filmmakers into the Alaskan wilds to film Sky and her cubs.
- The Future For The Bears – Experience the thrill of living with the bears during production, and the importance of protecting the wilderness to ensure their survival…and our own.
- A Guide To Living With Bears – Learn how the team interacts safely with these magnificent creatures.
- How Did They Film That? – Get an inside look on some of the extreme filmmaking that went into getting shots high in the mountains and under frigid cold water.
- “Carry On” Music Video By Olivia Holt
- Feature Run Time: Approximately 78 Minutes
- Rating: Feature Film: “G” in U.S., “G” in Canada (CE and CF)
- Bonus Features Not Rated
- Aspect Ratio: Blu-ray Feature Film = 1.78:1 • 1080p High Definition
- DVD Feature Film = 1.78:1 • Enhanced for 16×9 Televisions
- Audio: Blu-ray Feature Film = English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and DVS 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
- DVD Feature Film = English 5.1and DVS 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
- Languages/Subtitles: English, SDH, Spanish and French Subtitles (Applies To Film Content Only)
Purchase Disneynature: Bears on Amazon