5 Ways to Keep Your Facial Skin Looking Youthful
When I turned 30 last month I suddenly had the urge to pay closer attention to my appearance. Searching for fine lines, grey hairs, and anything out of the ordinary became a small obsession. I always promised myself I would grow old gracefully, but I confess, when the little signs of aging start to occur, it can be a little overwhelming. Thankfully, even though I am 30 my skin still looks great! Not to be conceited, but everyone has always said I have nice skin so I figured I’d share some top to ways to Keep Your Facial Skin Looking Youthful.
1. Drink plenty of water: This is such an obvious tip, but one that many people neglect to do. Coffee keeps me running throughout the day too, but if it was all I depended on my skin would be patchy, dry, and lackluster. I drink tons of water with lemon each day to flush out my systems, and keep my face glowing. I also only drink alcohol on rare occasions.
2. Rinse your face with cold water: Ok, so this may sound super weird, but after workouts, or any activity where my face may be dirty, I rinse it with ice cold water. This shrinks pores, and increase blood flow to your face. I also take the last few minutes of my shower to rinse in the coldest water I can handle. This is great for your entire body’s skin, and circulation.
3. Skip the harsh cleansers: These days we are marketed so many facial soaps, and cleansers but honestly most cause more damage than benefits. Almost everyone I know including myself have found that using cleansers with tons of alcohol only dries out the facial skin, and leaves it red, and patchy. Unless you have extreme acne prone skin, rinsing the face in warm water followed by cold has worked wonders for me! Your skin needs a certain amount of the oils it produces to keep in subtle so why would you want to strip it?
I use a gentle, and natural exfoliator once a month to rid my skin of dead skin cells, and oil buildup in my pores. This also helps keep those pesky blackheads at bay that love to try and take over my t-zone.
4. Nix the cigarettes: I realize quitting smoking is not an easy feat, but ladies and gentlemen out there; smoking totally will eventually make you look way older than your numerical age. There is no doubt smoking causes premature aging and I see it right in front of me daily. Many smokers have super dry, wrinkly, and leather like skin. It is never too late to quit, so try to do yourself a favor and seek alternatives ways to get your fix.
5. Moisturize Regularly: I have been moisturizing my skin since I was 16 years old. Using a day and night regimen has helped my skin out tremendously! I can’t say I have an exact brand I swear by because I love trying new formulations, but I am really loving the Nerium Age Defying Day and Night Cream products. Each 1 ounce bottle lasted me about a month and felt like creamy silk on my skin.
Unlike many other brands I have tried in the past, Nerium did not irritate, or dry my skin out–believe it or not, a lot of moisturizers do!! I felt nothing but softness when using this luxurious formulation. As mentioned earlier, I do not currently have any wrinkles, but these age defying creams surely helped to keep my skin restores, glowing and youthful! I’d recommend anyone looking for a good day and night cream regimen to give them a try. You can learn more about Nerium products here which would make a great holiday gift idea!
*Bonus Tip* Do not cake out the makeup–it is not flattering, and only makes you look older!! I see way too many people walking around with multi-toned skin these days, and pounds of eye makeup. Seriously ladies, it is not cute to look like a cupcake. A hydrated, moisturized face with curled lashes, a little mascara, blush and lip gloss are all you need. I am really loving the Panasonic Heated Eyelash Curler I received recently to try out. It offers a 360 rotating comb, and is so easy and comfortable to hold. Lashes look amazing after use, and could even go without mascara if you have naturally thick ones! The Panasonic Heated Eyelash Curler can be found here, and would make a great stocking stuffer this holiday season. $39.99
So ladies, do you have any other ways you Keep Your Facial Skin Looking Youthful? Feel free to share them below!