Super Easy Three Ingredient Healthy Muffins Recipe
As many of you know by now, I am all about the easy to prepare, realistic meals. You will never find me doing a 10 step recipe that requires too much work because quite frankly, I do not have the time, or patience to do them! I like healthy and easy recipes because that is what works for my family and I.
Bananas, oats, and almond milk are a breakfast staples in our home. My kids have been drinking almond milk for the last 3 months because it is much healthier for their growing bodies, and excludes hormones, and other toxins. My only issue with giving them oatmeal and bananas is that they make a mess. We all know oatmeal turns into cement if it hardens on a surface so I wanted to find a way to still feed them nutritionally, but with less of a mess.
Then, I guess you could say I was “pinspired” after searching my favorite site–Pinterest. If you are on Pinterest and not following us, you should be because we share tons of easy recipes, and gluten free sweet treats. My username is SavvySavingCoup-just click there to follow our many boards *if you please*.
Anyhow, I found a recipe for 3 ingredient muffins that I slightly adapted. If you are making these for someone who is gluten free, you will want to use gluten free oats. These are certified gluten free, which means that have not been cross contaminated with wheat. If you are nto gluten free, old fashion oats will do. You will need a food processor or blender.
Super Easy Three Ingredient Healthy Muffins Recipe Ingredients *makes 6*:
- 3 small, or 2 large bananas-ripe with black spots works best!!
- 2 cups of old fashion oats
- 2 tablespoons of almond milk * or regular milk!
- Blueberries, nuts, dried fruit *optional
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees
- Using a food processor, blend your oats, peeled bananas, and milk. You will want the oats to be ground up, but not like dust.
- Grease a 6 count muffin tin with nonstick spray, or coconut oil
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, and allow these babies to cool. They will look a little rough, and they do not rise!
These three ingredient muffins are very dense, but jam packed with healthy, and completely nutritious ingredients. They are only as sweet as your ripe bananas so make sure you use ripe ones! This recipe couldn’t get any easier, and I’m sure your kids will enjoy these 3 ingredient muffins. Since they only make 6 at a time, you may want to double or triple the recipe. I plan on baking more and freezing them for breakfasts on the go.