Easy and Delicious Avocado Banana Muffins Recipe
Seriously, I must have lived a a deprived world since my mother never cared for the fruit. She claims it is tasteless so she never Incorporated it into our meals. As a a young adult, I never even had the urge to try it, and it was never on my radar. Now that I have kids, one day I decided to try the unique fruit and was in love at first bite.
Now, I typically enjoy my avocado as the star of guacamole, or sliced in salads, or sandwiches. I have never once tried baking with it until today. Since I am looking to have a healthier New Year, I wanted to try a batch of muffins that incorporated avocado as an oil and butter substitute. I love banana muffins and have several recipes that have been in my family for a while. I decided today to experiment and was super happy with the results, and taste of my avocado banana muffins.
The first thing I noticed about this avocado banana muffins recipe is that the muffins have a slight hint of avocado flavor. No, they do not taste like guacamole so don’t fret! The sweet, and moist banana flavor is prominent enough to be the star of the show.
Intrigued, interested, or eager to make these muffins? Glad to hear! Check out what you will need to make your very own batch of Easy and Delicious Avocado Banana Muffins below:
Avocado Banana Muffins Recipe
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 ripe banana *this will provide the sweetness so ripe is important
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 12 count muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl mash the banana, egg, milk, and avocado until pureed.
- In another bowl whisk the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Muffins will be springy when done. You can use a toothpick to test them out.
Want more recipes using super nutritious avocados? Check out 3 Dairy-Free Avocado Breakfast Ideas
Leave a comment below to let us know if you plan on giving this recipe a try. If you already tried it, let us know what you think.