Celebrate World Play-Doh Day on September 16th!
“I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Hasbro. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.” #WorldPlayDohDay #IC
When I was little, one of my favorite things to play with was Play-Doh. My mom wasn’t exactly thrilled about my love for Play-Doh but she let me play with it on the weekends, and would buy me new containers of it on Fridays if I was good. Opening up that new can was one of the best smells, and feelings. It was like an instant rush of excitement when I pulled out that cylindrical piece of brightly colored dough.
Those were some of the best days a kid could have had in the early 90’s! There were no cell phones, or tablets–just good ole fashion play time with me and my Play-Doh collections. Oh, and when my mom bought me the set that grew hair & made pizza–those had me on cloud nine for a long time!
Now, flash forward twenty-something years and my three kids are now enjoying Play-Doh. In fact, every single time I open a new can of Play-Doh for them, those feelings of my childhood come racing back so quickly. That’s why my kids and I had a blast making Play-Doh sculpts to help celebrate the upcoming World Play-Doh Day on September 16th!
Did you know that on World Play-Doh Day is a day in which the official Play-Doh Facebook page will host a virtual parade of sculpts that exhibit national pride? Sounds so fun huh? Here is what you need to know to participate:
- Sculpts must be shared directly to the official Play-Doh Facebook page wall between August 16th and September 14th.
- Any sculpts submitted before or after said dates will not be considered.
- Sculpts cannot feature brand names, charcters or pop-culture icons.
- Sculpts should be appropriate for a kid-friendly audience.
- You are encouraged to use your imagination and share your national pride with sculpts of landmarks, cultural icons, food, patriotic symbols, etc.
- Share as many sculpts to the Play-Doh Facebook page as you would like, and invite your family and friends to do the same.
- Select sculpts will be chosen as part of the #WorldPlayDohDay Parade that will be featured on the Play-Doh Facebook page on September 16th.
My kids and I decided to sculpt some sweet treats with our Play-Doh kits we received from Hasbro. Donuts and chocolate chip cookies may not be the healthiest treats, but their is not doubt they are so American in culture. These cookies, and chocolate frosted donuts with sprinkles are super cute, and will not add any calories to our diets–perfect huh?