Leftover Thanksgiving Casserole Recipe
“This post is sponsored by Lunchbox. All views expressed are that of our own.” #LYLSweepstakes
Time has been flying by and I really cannot believe that Thanksgiving is next week! Gosh, are you ready for turkey day because I admit, I am not ready at all! I have no supplies, ingredients–basically nothing prepped or ready. Not even my menu is complete–now that is pretty bad! I was holding out for some good sales for all the fixings so sometime this weekend I will make my big shopping haul.
I really love making my own Thanksgiving dinner for my family because it means lots of leftovers for the next few days. I make a huge turkey for my family of five, and 4 lbs of stuffing so leftovers are certainly abundant! We normally eat the same meal at least twice, and then I like to be a little creative and use up the last of my large meal to make Leftover Thanksgiving Casserole.
Have you ever tried Thanksgiving Casserole? It is a great way to love your leftovers and enjoy another hot and tasty meal without much fuss. With the addition of some shredded cheese, and Hellman’s Mayonnaise, you get yet another tasty and hearty meals from leftovers.
Hellman’s Mayo and turkey go together like peanut butter and jelly. Plus, for all you Safeway, Vons-Pavillions, Tom Thumb, Randalls, CARRS Safeway, Albertsons, Jewel-Osco, United, Shaws/Star Market, Acme shoppers, you can save BIG on Hellman’s products starting on 11/27th!
- 4 cups leftover prepared stuffing, divided
- 4 cups coarsely chopped leftover cooked turkey (about 1 lb.)
- 3/4 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray. Spoon in 2 cups stuffing, then top with turkey.
- Combine 1/4 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise with cranberry sauce; evenly spread over turkey.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup Mayonnaise, potatoes and cheese in large bowl. Evenly spread on turkey, then top with remaining 2 cups stuffing.
- Bake 40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.