Bajan Baked Potato Salad Recipe
When you have cheese, sour cream, and bacon on hand there is just so many delicious recipes you can make. These three ingredients automatically scream “baked potato” to me. Recently, a friend posted about how she made a baked potato salad. This totally intrigued me, and had me experimenting with some fresh Bajan Seasoning I received from the Savory Spice Shop. My concoction was a Bajan Baked Potato Salad that was so good it was scary!
The owners of The Savory Spice Shop, Janet and Mike dove feet first into creating an authentic Bajan Spice that truly represented the Barbadian culture. They cooked along side a Barbados native, Christine, who taught them all about the spice’s history, and it’s tie to Jamaican Jerk Seasoning. It is a really interesting read which you can check out yourself on the Savory Spice Shop’s site. They also have a ton of recipes using the Bajan Seasoning to help inspire you int he kitchen.
I wanted to share my Bajan Baked Potato Salad Recipe because it has the perfect amount of spice, zest, and creaminess. I like to think of it as the Summer version of my favorite winter dish (twice baked mashed potatoes) with a kick!
Bajan Baked Potato Salad Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 lbs of potatoes, peeled, and cut into small chunks for boiling
- 6 slices of organic turkey bacon, fried to a crisp
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Coconut or olive oil to fry yoru bacon
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon (more depending on your taste) of Bajan Seasoning from the Savory Spice Shop
- Place your prepped potatoes into a stockpot of boiling water, boil for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Fry your bacon in a little coconut oil until crispy. Crumble it up when it is done, and cooled.
- Once your potatoes are done boiling, place them in a colander, drain them, and add them to a large bowl
- Add you Bajan Spice, mayo, sour cream, celery, bacon, and cheese; mix well.
This recipe tastes best chilled so put your Bajan Baked Potato Salad in the refrigerator until chilled.