Baked Cod Fish Topped with Guacamole & Spicy Pico
I have to admit, a girl could get used to have an over abundance of Wholly Guacamole products in her fridge for the past two weeks! Boy, was it pretty amazing to have the chance to work the the folks at Wholly Guacamole for yet another wonderful recipe & review opportunity. This time my mission was to make a meat dish or two that used Wholly Guacamole’s products in an interesting way. This dish was part of the Blogger Recipe Challenge for good old meat month.
Since I love baked fish, I knew I wanted to spice it up, and make a Baked Cod Fish Topped with. Wholly Guacamole Spicy Pico is probably some of the best I’ve ever tasted so I really appreciated have the opportunity to top a great dish with it. I had to make the dish gluten free so I used Glutino gluten free bread crumbs to top my fresh cod with.
My kids are small, and not too crazy or appreciative of spicy foods as my husband, and I are, so I made them a plain batch of fish. The total prep time for this dish was seriously around 30 minutes from start to finish and that included the bake time! I am all for tasty yet easy to prep dish because there really seems like there is not enough time in the day these past few weeks!
For my Baked Cod Fish Topped with Wholly Guacamole & Spicy Pico you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 lbs of fresh cod fish
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs -we need gluten free ones so I used the Glutino brand
- 1 tablespoon butter chunked into tiny cubes
- Salt & pepper
- 1 package of Wholly Guacamole & Spicy Pico Dip
- Frank’s Hot Sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Set out a large baking sheet
- Cut your fish into portions
- Top each piece with a good sprinkle of bread crumbs
- Place a piece or two of your chunked butter over each fish piece
- Drizzle lightly with hot sauce-I used Frank’s
- Place your fish in the oven, and set the timer for 25 minutes. You will notice your fish is done when it starts to gently separate an flake.
- right before you are ready to consume it, top each piece with a good sized portion of Wholly Guacamole & Spicy Pico Dip
I served my Baked Cod Fish Topped with Wholly Guacamole & Spicy Pico with some fresh steamed broccoli. The taste the Wholly products provided was superb, and fresh-seriously as close to homemade-if not better!
You can connect with Wholly Guacamole on Facebook & Twitter.