Check Out Our New Speed Queen Washer & Dryer – Just Delivered!
It’s been some time now since I visited Alliance Laundry Systems (the makers of Speed Queen) to witness the manufacturing of some of America’s most finely produced laundry machines. Among those machines being produced that day, just might have been my new Speed Queen washer and/or dryer.
The moment I left the Alliance Laundry Systems headquarters in Ripon WI, I self declared myself “A Laundry Snob”! It’s actually what most employees at Alliance Laundry Systems call themselves, and for good reason. The laundry machines manufactured there are built strong and durable with longevity in mind. I witnessed the vast test labs dedicated to qualifying all components installed into the laundry equipment – from the main motor that turns the dryer drum, to the buttons on the controls. Everything is put through the wringer (no pun intended) over-and-over again to insure your investment is going to last a long time.
I wanted a Speed Queen washer & dryer in my house, and I wanted them as soon as possible. I mean who wouldn’t want to own an appliance that you can count on to work for 20 plus years (based on our home laundry washing habits)? Just last weekend our new Speed Queens were delivered.
Speed Queen only sells their equipment through approved independent dealers, meaning you cant buy them from a big box store like Lowes. This is a good thing for a number of reasons (a few are listed below):
- It supports small business and local economies.
- Your local dealer is trained on the controls, features, and mechanics of the Speed Queen equipment.
- If something does go wrong with your Speed Queen, your local dealer should be able to fix it.
- Big box stores force many manufacturers to lower the quality of their appliances in order to meet certain price points. Speed Queen refuses to do that.
Our local independent dealer called us up when they received our new machines from Speed Queen to setup our delivery. It was nice dealing with the actual store who was setting up the delivery, rather than dealing with a moving company subcontracted by a big box store. We had a direct line of contact.
Our Speed Queen washer & dryer machines arrived on the day we established with our dealer. The two delivery guy were very firendly and great to deal with. They even let me record them during the un-load and install of the machines. Check out the video at the end of this post to watch the process.
Overall, it took about a 1/2 hour for the machines to be un-loaded, un-crated, un-boxed, moved into place and installed.
The installation was only a matter of installing the cord on the dryer and plugging it into the outlet. The washer install was a simple connection of the hot and cold water hoses to our home’s water supply valves.
- I like the look of the machines. Not as stylish as some of the other machines on the market, but let’s face it… they clean laundry. I don’t need them to be featured in the latest issue of Vanity Fair, I just want them to work!
- The electronic controls have a lot of buttons. I originally thought it would be a little confusing, but they’re actually very intuitive. Anybody should be able to work their new machine with electronic controls with no problem at all. If you have questions, the manual is very easy to understand.
- The washtub inside the washer and drum inside the dryer are LEGIT! I’ve never owned a laundry machine with a stainless steel wash tub or drum before. Not only does it look cool, it cleans better, lasts longer, and has less chance to harbor bacteria like plastic or painted materials can.
- The machines are noticeably heavier than my old machines. This is a good thing. Speed Queens are all metal, making them more durable than cheaper machines with mostly plastic or small gauge metal components.
- They run quiet. You don’t even notice the wash running if you’re inside another room. The dryer is significantly more quiet then my previous dryer. Maybe it’s the heavy gauge all metal construction that conceals the sound of tumbling laundry (even clothes with rivets or metal zippers)…
So far we are very happy with our new Speed Queen washer and dryer. Be sure to watch the delivery video below, and check back for more updates on on new Speed Queens!