Cheesy Mushroom Dip Recipe
I am such a fan of mushrooms that I often find myself stocking up on them when they go on sale. Last week, the stars aligned at my local market when everything I needed to make my cheesy mushroom dip went on sale. My cheesy mushroom dip actually originated from my stuffed mushrooms recipe. Since I didn’t have any button mushrooms to stuff, I figured hwy not turn this into a dip? Well, suffice to say my cheesy mushroom dip was a hit, and my husband loved it paired with celery sticks, and even multigrain chips.
Cheesy Mushroom Dip Ingredients:
1 8 oz package of softened cream cheese
3 cloves of garlic
1 package of sliced, white mushrooms
3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Heat a skillet with your olive oil
- Mince your garlic cloves, and then add them to the pan
- Set the pan to medium heat, and saute your garlic
- Chop your mushrooms up into small pieces
- Add them to the pan, and saute for 5 minutes
- Remove your pan from heat, and let it cool for a few minutes
- Add your cream cheese, and parmesan right to the pan. Mix well, and serve warm, or refrigerate.
This cheesy mushroom dip tastes great cold, or warm~you choose!