Chicken Cacciatore Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe #NewTraDish
Are you sick and tired of the same old, boring dinner ideas? I know I get sick and tired of making the same old pasta, and meat and potatoes meals. I am always looking to incorporate more vegetables into old stand by recipes. As part of the Ragu #NewTradish spin on old recipes, I decided to take Ragú’s famous Skillet Chicken Cacciatore recipe and add a fun spin. Why not prepare the chicken the same way as the recipe calls for, but then stuff it into sweet, green bell peppers and add a little cheese? Cheese makes everything better, so that is just what I did.
Check out the Ragú’s Skillet Chicken Cacciatore recipe which I followed to prepare the chicken:
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Old World Style® Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed (optional)
In addition to the above ingredients, I also added the following:
- 6 sweet green bell peppers
- 4 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese divided into 2, 2 ounce batches
- Italian spices
- In a large skillet, heat up your olive oil, and cook your seasoned (Italian spices) chicken, and onion until clear juices run freely.
- After your chicken is done, using a food processor, shred your chicken, and onion
- Add your mixture, and 2 ounces of cheese to a large bowl, and then pour in your Ragú Old World Style Traditional Sauce; mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350
- In a small deep walled baking dish arrange 5 clean, and gutted sweet bell peppers
- Scoop your chicken cacciatore mixture into each pepper
- Top each pepper with the remaining 2 ounces of cheese, and Italian seasoning
- Bake at 350 for 45 mins