DIY: Edible Arrangements Inspired Chocolate Swizzle Berries
One of my favorite snacks ever is chocolate dipped strawberries. I am totally not a sweets person, and chocolate rates low of my list of must haves, but when it comes to strawberries dipped is luscious chocolate I get weak. Sadly, chocolate dipped strawberries are such a high priced commodity at specialty shops. Some of my favorite are from Edible Arrangement, but $47 for a small order is way too much for my budget!
Thankfully, chocolate dipped strawberries are not at all hard to make. In fact with practice you can make your own Edible Arrangements Inspired Chocolate Swizzle Berries right at home, and for a tiny sliver of the price! The total cost of making 1 lb of chocolate covered strawberries was just under $5!!!
- 1 pound of strawberries: $1.99
- 1 package of melting chocolate: $1.99
- 1/4 cup melted white chocolate chips: $.50
- supplies: free! I had the fork, double boiler, and wax paper!
- Time invested: 15 minutes!!!
To make your own Edible Arrangements Inspired Chocolate Swizzle Berries you will need very little ingredients.
- A double boiler or a crock pot is necessary. You can use either or, but just make sure you add 2 tablespoons of shortening to your full package of melting morsels if you use the crock pot. You will also want to keep it on the lowest setting so you do not burn your chocolate.
- 16 ounces of melting chocolate
- 1/4 cup white chocolate for swizzling
- 1 lb of washed, and dried Driscoll’s Strawberries *make sure they are dry or the moisture will harden your chocolate
- wax paper
- baking sheet
- Wash and dry each berry by hand
- Melt your chocolate in your double boiler
- Line your baking sheet with your wax paper
- Dip each berry, and lay them on the wax paper
- Repeat process until each berry is covered
- Heat your white chocolate morsels for 45 second increments, in the microwave. Stir each 45 seconds; heat until chocolate is creamy.
- Place your berries in the fridge, or a really cool place *Do not freeze them
I hope you enjoy making these Edible Arrangements Inspired Swizzle Berries for a fraction of the cost! These would make an amazing, and frugal Valentine’s Day gift for that special someone!