Post updated 9/5/2020
A twist on a classic favorite. This Fish Sticks Casserole is perfectly spiced and is ideal for the entire family to enjoy. Your kids will loves their favorites baked into a family-sized casserole.
I am counting down the days until my kids are back to school. This summer has been quite tolling and I am ready to create a new routine.
Me time has been a rare occasion and I cannot even remember the last time I got a pedicure or hair cut. Getting back into the kitchen is my biggest joy now that I have a really beautiful kitchen.
You all know I adore cooking and cleaning up so I have been living on Pinterest getting inspired by quick and hearty meals. Casseroles are such a big deal in the fall so drumming up fun twists on some classics like Gorton’s Crunchy Fish Sticks was a no-brainer.
This recipe is almost identical to my sausage or bacon breakfast casserole with the exception of the protein.
Gorton’s Crunchy Fish Sticks make the most AMAZING casserole addition EVER for meatless meals.
If you do not believe me, buy a box or bag for yourself at your local grocer and get into the kitchen to whip up this Fish Sticks Casserole.
The best part is, you can make it a family affair when it comes to making this casserole. Kids love to help in the kitchen and there is plenty they can help with, with this meal.
My kids fish sticks as much as I did as a kid.
I still remember Saturday night dinners consisting of Fish Sticks and mashed potatoes or fries.
Those were my glory days as a kid, and I hope to provide the same memories for my kids with this classic food.
Personally, I love that Gorton’s Fish Sticks are still just as yummy as they were when I was a child.
I love when they get extra crispy because they are perfect for dipping in ketchup or tartar sauce…yummy!!
The kids adored every bite of this Fish Stick Casserole, and exclaimed I “must” make it again once school starts!
I served our baked Fish Sticks Casserole with sour cream and chives, but you can also serve it with ketchup, or tartar sauce which would taste oh so amazing!
What are some back to school meals your family loves?
Fish Sticks Casserole
- 3-quart casserole baking dish to bake casserole in
- Oven rack adjusted to center position
- 2 baking sheet to cook tater tots & fish sticks
- 24 whole Gorton’s Crunchy Fish Sticks Pre-baked according to the package
- 16 ounces Tater Tots Pre-baked according to the package
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 ounces shredded cheddar *freshly grated works best
- Pre-cook the tater tots and Gorton's Fish Sticks according to the package instructions.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, and spices until fully combined.
- Pour egg/milk mixture into a large, greased casserole dish.
- Add half of the cooked tater tots onto the top of the egg mixture.
- Over the tater tots, add half the fish sticks.
- Add 1 cup of cheese, and repeat the process until you have another layer of tots, fish, and cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 mins at 375°F. or until egg are fully cooked. The casserole should feel firm when gently pressed.
- Cut into portions and serve