DIY Flower Loop Hair Bow Tutorial
One of my favorite parts of being a mother to two little girls is all the frilly, and fun hair bows and hair flower accessories I make them. I have always loved making hair pieces for my girls out of flowers, and ribbons and get so many complements on my work and their hair flowers. I thought it would be fun to share a DIY Flower Loop Hair Bow Tutorial for you all to recreate your own double layered grosgrain hair flowers at home.
A few reasons I love making my own hair accessories for my little girls is that they are easy, cheap and the possibilities for design are endless. At one point, my girls had a new bow for every outfit, but when my son came along I ran a little lower on time and commitment. Now, I make them seasonal bows to match hard to coordinate outfits.
Besides reconstructing actual artificial flowers into hair bows, I find the double layered grosgrain hair flower to be the easiest of the bunch with little work. I know it might look a whole lot more complicated than it is, but I assure you it is not! You will need some patience and a few supplies though to get you started!
- 4 pieces of 5 or 7/8″ ribbon cut into 6 inch ribbon strips-you choose colors
- 4 pieces of 7 inch ribbon-you choose colors
- Hot glue gun
- Center embellishment
- Alligator clip
After you prepare your work area, stack the 4 pieces of 6 inch ribbon you have. Make sure the printed side is facing up if your ribbon is in fact printed.
Make a loop with the printed sides touching
Take your needle and place it into the center of the loop halfway through.
Spread your ribbons around until even..will look like a ribbon flower.
Once they are looped in, reshape them to desired flower.
Then, once you get your desired flower shape, pull the needle through and stitch three times.
For the 7 inch ribbons, do the same steps as above.
Glue them with got glue, and then glue your center embellishment on
Pin this hair bow DIY for later below:
- How to Make Easy Pickled Asparagus by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Strawberry Lemonade Mojito Mocktail by How Was Your Day?
- Lemon Cheesecake Crumble Bars by Day by Day in Our World
- How to Make an Easy Broken Pot Succulent Container by Simply Southern Mom
- Butterfly Sun Catcher Craft by Kids Fun Reviewed
- Easy Strawberry Cream Pie by Mom Does It All
- Bird Nest Brownie Bowls Recipe by Sugar Spice and Family Life
- Vegan Rice Krispie Treat Tiger Lillies by Beyond Mommying
- Coffee Filter Butterfly Accessories by Mommy Snippets
- Spring Paper Butterflies Craft by Family Focus Blog
- Pineapple Kiwi Smoothie Bowl by Upstate Ramblings
- DIY Flower Loop Hair Bow Tutorial by Savvy Saving Couple