Bacon Macaroni & Cheese
The football season is heating up and that means lots of intense games are in the works! I know my family and I were on edge when our New England team played this past Saturday! The only thing that kept us content during that nail biter of a game was some good old fashion comfort food and crunchy snacks!
Around here, meals that contain bacon and cheese are ideal for game time. We especially love this Bacon Macaroni & Cheese recipe which incorporates two cheeses, bacon and herb breadcrumbs. It’s a step up from a Classic Baked Macaroni and Cheese.
The recipe is fairly easy, inexpensive, and definitely a crowd pleaser that can feed many!
The best thing about mac & cheese is that it can be prepared the morning or even the night before. Just pop it into the oven to remelt the cheesy, and crisp that bacon up to a delectable crunch.
Here is what you will need for this Bacon Macaroni and Cheese:
- 16 ounces of elbow macaroni
- 6 strips of crunchy bacon
- 2 cups of White American Cheese grated-use deli style and ask the deli operator to cut it into a large chunk for your ease.
- 1 cup of white cheddar grated
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 2 cups of warm milk
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Boil macaroni until al dente
- Butter a casserole dish
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Place butter in a large skillet, and heat up until melted.
Add flour to butter and whisk well
- Slowly add in warmed milk, spices and whisk
- Add one cup of cheese and whisk until melted; repeat until sauce is thick and creamy.
- Drain water from pasta, and add it into the skillet; mix well
- Place macaroni into your greased casserole dish, and sprinkle on the bread crumbs and bacon
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350
Your family is sure to love this bacon macaroni and cheese recipe! It is so delicious, and again pairs well with crunchy snacks like Pringles or Cheez-It Grooves. I will definitely be recommending this recipe, and these salty snacks to all my friends!Go team go!