Healthy Side Dish: Garlic Sauteed Zucchini, Onion, and Mixed Bell Peppers
I have been trying really hard to clean up my families’ diet. Moving in more wholesome veggies, and moving out processed junk foods has been a goal I am easily achieving. They say the more colorful a vegetable is, the more nutrients it contains. Garlic, onions, and peppers are three of my favorite vegetable staples. I knew I wanted to create something along those lines so I came up with a great idea for our Green Recipe Challenge.
Introducing Garlic Sauteed Zucchini, Onion, and Mixed Bell Peppers. I washed, chopped, and added them healthy gems to a wok. They key was to sautee the garlic with extra virgin olive oil beforehand on low heat. My home smelled so fabulous, and I knew this would be a hit with my family.
- 1 large sweet onion
- 4 full cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 medium zucchini (washed, and sliced)
- Wooden spoon
- On medium heat, heat you oil, and add your minced garlic
- Sautee until the garlic becomes fragrant, and tender
- Add all your chopped veggies
- Frequently mixed them up in your wok using your spoon
- I like my veggies to have a little snap to them-I suggest cooking your veggies until your onion turn a bit clearish, and your peppers, and zucchini are tender-not mushy!!
~Enjoy your healthy side dish: Garlic Sauteed Zucchini, Onion, and Mixed Bell Peppers