How to Make Peppermint Bark: Super Easy 2 Ingredient Recipe!
Do you have an excess of leftover candy canes from Christmas? I know we do in our home! Between the candy canes taped to my daughter’s Christmas Cards, and the ones I bought at Target I had so many. I am not a huge fan of just giving my kids straight out candy canes because they quickly become drolly, sugary, sticky messes. Thankfully, I remembered that my peppermint bark recipe would be perfect for this occasion!
Peppermint bark was one of those candy treats that I have always loved. I never realized just how easy it is to make right in the comfort of my own home! For years I would buy it at the market, and it quickly became a guilty seasonal pleasure. My peppermint bark recipe involves just two easy ingredients: candy canes, and white chocolate morsels.
- 1 Bag of white chocolate morsels
- 8 candy canes
- Zippered storage bag
- Wax/parchment paper
- Shallow small baking sheet
- Using a freezer, or storage bag places 8 candy canes inside your plastic bag
- Seal your bag, and use a hammer, or rolling-pin to crush the candy into little chunks
- In a microwave melt your chocolate morsels in a glass (microwaveable bowl). You must use medium heat and set the microwave for 1 minute at a time stirring in between until melted and creamy.
- Line a small shallow baking pan with wax, or parchment paper
- Pour the melted chocolate over the paper
- Once your chocolate is smooth, sprinkle the candy canes over the chocolate
- Let it set (covered) in your fridge for 45 mins
- Once it is chilled it will be hard, you may now remove it from the paper, and break it up
My husband, children, and I enjoyed our peppermint bark, and I hope you do too!