10 Ways to Keep Cool Outdoors #H2Ohero
Like baked potato hot.
I guess the beating sun really took a toll on us because we were even graced with our first minor sunburns. All we could think about were drinks…we all agreed we were as thirsty as camels and could probably drink a gallon of water each.
When you have kids that are constantly thirsty from playing outdoors this system is ideal. Last year I must have went through way too many water bottles, and I wasn’t looking to repeat that ordeal again. Plus my failed attempt at bringing my small 6 cup Brita jug outside from my fridge did not work out.
We needed something larger, more convenient, durable and easy to work for even our youngest. That is why this Coleman 5 Gallon Jug (similar to those you see at sports events) and the Brita Universal Jug Cooler Filtration System are perfect for cook outs, games, or just a day outdoors. Ours was easy to set up, and we can even use the outdoor hose to fill it up. Since it works just like the more conventional Brita filters you’d use indoors, your water tastes perfect!
The best part? The Universal Jug Cooler Filtration System will last for 2 months or 80 gallons. This system is equivalent to using 600 standard 16.9 fl ounce water bottles!! It is perfect for people like my husband who do a lot of outdoor work like mowing the lawn, and house repairs like replacing the roof. In a few weeks, I am sure the landscapers(my heroes) will appreciate endless cold water!
Speaking of heroes, do you have a person in your life who is your hero? My dad was my true hero, but he passed! Hopefully, you all have a hero who you could nominate in the Be a Brita Hero #H2OHero contest. Simply upload a photo or video of your hero for a chance to win a trip to the Bahamas! Get all the details here.
- Wear light colored clothes
- Use hats and sun protective clothing to prevent sunburns which can make you extra hot
- Sit in the shade. We love our maple trees because they keep us cool and out of direct sunlight
- Keep hydrated- The Brita Universal Jug Cooler Filtration System can make this a breeze because it comes with three different 5 gallon cooler jug adapters. You can even fill it with water from your hose!
- Use personal fans to keep air flowing
- Fill a spray bottle with cold water to spritz your face
- Go outdoors during the early morning or evening when the sun is starting to set
- Keep a wet towel around your neck while doing outdoor labor-intense activities
- Enjoy cool fruits like watermelon to keep you satisfied and hydrated
- Ice pops are an inexpensive way to cool down. You can either buy them or make your own out of juice. We love using it for ours!
These 10 ways to keep cool outdoors are not so bad! Of course if you had a nice pool or easy access to a lake, pond, or beach those would also work well! You can purchase the Brita Jug Filter at www.homedepot.com.