How to Make Baked Potato Salad with Bacon and Cheese!
Having the opportunity to work with the very delicious Chicago Steak Company was such a blessing! We were able to review their Summer Grilling Package which was loaded with premium, gourmet cuts of meats. Our French Cut Pork Chops, Sirloin Steaks, and Lemon Chicken Breasts were so scrumptious. I really cannot wait to try the filet Mignon too!
It has been really fun coming up with some tasty side dishes to accompany such prime cuts of meat. We decided to make baked potato salad with bacon and cheese to accompany our pork chops. My mom had never heard of baked potato salad and was very eager to see my recipe because she enjoys traditional warm baked potatoes.
We ended up grilling our French Cut Pork Chops with a light salt and pepper seasoning because we wanted the grill to do most of the work flavor wise. Served up with a nice portion of baked potato salad, it was a delicious, mouth watering meal!
Since my mom had no idea what baked potato salad was, I figured I’d share this tried and true recipe with you all. You can pretty much make it ahead of time, but for crispiness sake, I would cook and add the bacon last.
How to Make Baked Potato Salad with Bacon and Cheese:
- 2 lbs of peeled, chunked, and boiled russet potatoes
- 1 1/4 cups of sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- 4 scallions chopped
- 8 pieces of extra crispy bacon *cook/add last
- Boil, cool, and drain your potatoes.
- Once they are cooled, add them to a large bowl, and mix in the mayo, sour cream, and vinegar.
- Add the cheese, and chopped scallions; place in the fridge.
- Prior to serving, bake or microwave your 8 strips of bacon until the a crispy. Once cooled, crumbled them up and serve in top of your baked potato salad.
If your family loves baked potatoes, this is the perfect summer side dish! It paired perfectly with our juicy and tender Chicago Steak Company French Cut Pork Chops!