If you are looking for a way to potentially pay less for your prescriptions, today, we are sharing about the Optum Perks Pharmacy Discount Card. This card provides a free prescription discount that can help you save money on FDA-approved medications nationwide.
This post is sponsored by Optum Perks. All views expressed are that of our own experience.
The Optum Perks pharmacy discount card is free, and now easier than ever to use via their mobile app. We have downloaded the app to save on our next prescription refills. Today, we will explore how easy it is to use, and how you can possibly save with or without health insurance.
Why You Need This
Let’s face it, these days things are really tough. The state of the country is in need of repair, and we have a long road ahead of us. Financially, many of us are hurting. Jobs have been lost due to circumstance, and health issues are mounting up for many. Every little discount, sale, or freebie is especially appreciated these days. That is why I suggest you all download this app or check out their site. It doesn’t hurt to at least try to save money on your prescription drug costs.
Optum Perks is available via a free, printable savings card, or a free app for both iOS and Android systems. We downloaded the app for our phone, and it was hassle free. Download the mobile app.
How it Works
Optum Perks can pass along savings to consumers because they negotiate bulk pricing with pharmaceutical companies. They in turn can pass savings on to individuals at many nationwide pharmacies.
Taking advantage of these savings is an easy as pie. You can do it once of two ways- via the mobile app, or their website.
- Simply download the app, or head to their site to search for your medication.
- Search your drug type in the search bar. They will provide (in most cases) the brand name and generic for your drug.
- Select your form, dosage strength, and quantity from the dropdown menu.
- Enter your zip code to find a local pharmacy nearest you that is participating. Click see prices and a list will populate in a green box with the price you will pay at and how close by they are. See the example below for pharmacies Walgreens, CVS Pharmacy, Rite Aid, Target, and independent pharmacies.
- Simply click the price and pharmacy you’re interested in and save to my coupons or print the coupon. This is not insurance but can be used to save for out of pocket costs.
Optum Perks can also be used in conjunction with insurance which is always appreciated. Your coupon will not expire, but the price may change.
To redeem your savings, present the card to your pharmacist with your co-pay, insurance card, or form of payment to save.
Overall, there is no reason why anyone who has a prescription drug should not use Optum Perks. You literally have nothing to lose, but just savings to gain! Be sure to check out their mobile app, or website to save.