Pink Lemonade Breast Cancer Awareness Cupcakes #ThinkPink
Since October marks breast cancer awareness month, I wanted to do my part in helping to raise some awareness about this evil disease. When I was just 8 years old, I lost my great grandmother to breast cancer. It was a hard time in my life even though I was just 8 because my mom, and I were very close to her, and would visit weekly. Back then, I didn’t understand this disease, but now as an adult I understand the horror of breast cancer, or any cancer for that fact!
Since you all know cooking and baking is my thing, I wanted to make a simple, yet elegant looking cupcake that would perfectly represent hope. I started out by hand cutting light pink ribbon to about 5 inches, and then twisted them to represent the breast cancer awareness symbol. Just a drop of hot glue held them in place, and an additional drop on the back adhered them to a toothpick.
For the frosting, I added 1 (water bottle, single serve size) of CRYSTAL LIGHT Pink Lemonade drink mix to my whipped vanilla buttercream frosting. This gave the frosting a subtle pink look so I also added 1 toothpicks worth of pink food gel. For the decorations, I used SweetWorks Pearls, and Celebration Sixlets. I think they not only tasted so delicious, but they also looked so pretty that I almost wanted to just keep them to admire.–I am such a pink girl!
Want to make these Pink Lemonade Breast Cancer Awareness Cupcakes?
Here is what you will need:
- Vanilla Buttercream Frosting recipe & 1 single serve packet of CRYSTAL LIGHT Pink Lemonade Drink Mix
- Vanilla or Chocolate Boxed Cake Mix
- Pink ribbon
- Celebration Pink, and White Pearls and Sixlets
- Cupcake wrappers
- Large star tip, and piping bag
- Hot glue gun
- Prepare you vanilla buttercream frosting recipe, and add the packet fo drink mix when you add the powdered sugar. When frosting is done, add one toothpick’s worth of Wilton pink food gel.
- Bake cupcakes, and allow them to fully cool before frosting.
- Once cooled, fill piping bag with frosting and give cupcake 2 swirls worth of frosting.
- Carefully adhere candy piece, and then add the ribbons *directions above in post*
These Pink Lemonade Breast Cancer Awareness Cupcakes had the perfect hint of pink lemonade, and were totally representing a great cause! They would be wonderful for get togethers, birthdays, and more!