Ryobi One+ 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Hybrid Cordless & Corded String Trimmer Review
Nowadays, hybrid technology is the ultimate in convenience and sustainability, and is proving to be the wave of the future. When you think of hybrid, you probably think of the auto industry because of the growing demand for better fuel economy and convenience of filling up less. Well fortunately, this technology is making its way into outdoor power equipment.
Ryobi Tools has just released their new One+ 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Hybrid Cordless & Corded String Trimmer. This trimmer can be powered by either the included 18V Lithium One+ battery, which is interchangeable with over 50 other One+ tools, or it can be fed by electricity from an extension cord connected to a 120V outlet. What this means is, you have yourself unlimited run time if you’re close enough to an outlet, or unlimited mobility with the 18V Lithium battery. You choose!
This feature is really innovative on Ryobi’s part, because I’m sure we’ve all either ran out of cord with our corded trimmer, or ran out of battery power with our cordless trimmer while trimming. With the new One+ 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Hybrid Cordless & Corded String Trimmer, you’re covered.
A few features really stand out on the One+ 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Hybrid Cordless & Corded String Trimmer:
- It’s a trimmer and edger in one tool. On the shaft, there’s a sleeve that you retract, which allows the bottom half of the shaft to rotate 180 degrees. This switches the axis and angle of the tool to serve as either a trimmer or an edger.
- It has a telescoping shaft, so you can adjust the length of the trimmer based on your overall height and comfort.
- Powered by Ryobi One+ battery technology, so it works with your other Ryobi One+ tools.
- The trimming line automatically feeds out of the spindle head.
- It comes with a 3 year warranty!
Now what’s a great concept without a good quality tool, right? I gave the Ryobi 18V Hybrid String Trimmer a good examination and of course tested its performance, both plugged in and cordless. Here’s what I found:
- The trimmer is really light weight regardless of being plugged in or using battery power.
- There is sufficient power using both modes. I trimmed through some tough weeds and crab grass without noticing any power loss.
- The handles are really comfortable to hold. Plus, the lower handle adjusts on 2 different axis.
- It’s really easy to switch between trimming and edging. You just pull back on a collar around the shaft and rotate it 180 degrees.
- I no longer have any excuses to not finish trimming, because this thing can never run out of power! Thanks Ryobi…
Based on my experience and inspection of the Ryobi One+ 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Hybrid Cordless & Corded String Trimmer, it appears to be crafted very well. I mean, it has a 3 year warranty, so Ryobi is confident in its quality!
I honestly can say that I agree. The trimmer is light, but sturdy!