Simplify Your Summer with Dawn Ultra and Check out our Bubble Cupcakes DIY
“This review was made possible by Double Duty Divas and Dawn. I was provided the featured product free of charge to facilitate my review, but all opinions are 100% mine.”
People always think I am crazy when I say I actually enjoying washing my dishes by hand. It may waste more water than my dishwasher, and take a toll on my finger nails, but I love washing dishes. I cook so much so there is certainly never a low supply of cups, plates, pots, and pans to clean. The trick to wanting to hand wash your dishes is using a good dish soap.
I have to honestly admit, I am a Dawn girl all the way. Before receiving the opportunity to participate in this Dawn Ultra campaign, I was using the pink Dawn Plus Hand Renewal. Before that I was using the green, and blue varieties. Yes, I am like a child and tend to refer to things by color-must be the teacher in me peeking through.
Anyhow, when the folks at Dawn asked me if I wanted to bake some Dawn Ultra Blue Cupcakes, and test out some Dawn Ultra, of course I accepted. Cooking and cleaning are my “things” so I’ll take any chance I can to create in my kitchen. The task was to make some Dawn Ultra Blue Cupcakes by following their recipe. I have to admit, due to allergy restrictions, I strayed a bit to make it family friendly for my gluten free daughter.
As I was mixing the batter for my cupcakes, I thought to turn them in Bubble Cupcakes. I thought that would be super cute because Dawn Ultra makes lots of awesome smelling bubbles. By using some SweetWorks candies, I was able to achieve the “bubble” look. The frosting is homemade butter cream too which was so amazing and totally delish!
- 2 1/2 cups cake flower
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs *room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dark blue food coloring
- 1 dab of violet gel
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter *room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Spray your cupcake tin with non stick spray or line your cupcakes pans with cupcake papers.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk your wet ingredients thoroughly, and add food colorings.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones, and mix until well combined.
- Fill cupcake liners, or pan half way with mixture
- Bake for 16 minutes
- In a large stand mixer, beat your butter on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Slowly add in 1/2 of your powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of heavy cream.
- Add in vanilla, and the rest of your powdered sugar, add last of the heavy cream.
- *You may need to scrape the sides .
- Beat on medium speed until the frosting is light and fluffy-about 1 minute.
- After your cupcakes have thoroughly cooled, you can frost, and decorate them as desired.
I had such an awesome time cleaning up my spatulas, whisk, stand mixer, Pyrex and Wilton Pans. The Dawn Ultra cut through the grease and went a long way! That means Dawn Ultra’s grease cutting power saved me both time, and money! Unlike cheap brands Dawn dish soap lasts a while! One squeeze is enough to wash a sinkful of dirty, messy dishes!