Tom’s of Maine = Best Natural Toothpaste + Ways to Green Your Family’s Bathroom Routine
We are Tom’s of Maine Goodness Circle Ambassadors. All views expressed are that of our own.
As you can guess, this year our family was blessed to become Tom’s of Maine Goodness Circle Ambassadors. It has been such a fun time because our family only uses this toothpaste, and has done so for the last 3 (almost 4) years. It all started when my son was almost 2 years old and I wanted to provide him with a more natural oral care routine. I wasn’t happy that my then baby would be possibly swallowing chemicals that I wasn’t a fan of.
My husband and I decided to start slowly moving towards using more environmentally friendly, “green” household and HBC care items. We started with toothpaste, then soap, shampoo, and dishwashing soap. We also greened our bathroom routine, but there are still times when bleach is necessary in a well-ventilated area. I also still haven’t found a favorite eco-friendly laundry soap that works for us, but we are still trying!
We surely are not perfect, but I am super happy with the progress we have been making in addition to being life-long upcyclers, and recyclers. If you are looking to become greener in your family’s bathroom routine it is totally possible with the below small steps for success.
- Don’t beat yourself up if you can’t make green swaps for everything. Trust me, I have been trying to use more natural and organic products for years and it is all about trial and error. What works for one person might not work for others.
- Start small! If you are wanting to use fewer chemicals start with replacing one hair and body care item at a time. Our first swap was going from chemical-rich toothpaste to Tom’s of Maine. At the time, we used the Spearmint flavor and Silly Strawberry for the kids and we all agreed it was wonderful. Then, our local stores started to carry more flavors and formulations opening the doors to trying new types. Now, Jared and I love Tom’s of Maine Whitening Toothpaste and we both agree it is the best natural toothpaste. Our kids love Tom’s of Maine Wicked Cool! Fluoride Toothpaste.
- Recycle! Did you know you can recycle your toilet paper tube, shampoo, conditioner, and even Tom’s of Maine Toothpaste containers? Yes, that is right–even the toothpaste tubes!! TerraCycle® and Tom’s of Maine have partnered to create a free recycling program for natural care products and packaging, as well as a fundraising opportunity for participants. Be sure to sign up on their official site!! They even have amazing rewards for participants!
- Time Showers. I am sure we can all agree that someone in our family could live in the shower. My certain someone once took a 45-minute shower!! To make sure we are all being as environmentally friendly as possible, a timer helps to guide the kids and adults with showers.
- Wash towels in cold water! One month, I was wondering why my energy bill was sky-high. It turns out somehow, my washer switched to washing on HOT water. That one water switch from cold cost me $100 in a single month!! YIKES!!! By using the cold water cycle and compatible soap you can save money, and energy. If you are lucky enough to have a clothes line you can really green your laundry routine!
As you can see the above simple tips and ways to green your bathroom routine are easy enough for even beginners to follow! Start small with the BEST natural toothpaste–Tom’s of Maine and go from there!
Did you know that Tom’s of Maine has spent more than 48 years developing natural personal care products with a focus on natural, responsible and sustainable practices while giving 10% of its profits back to helping people and the planet. That is why I firmly believe Tom’s of Maine makes the best natural toothpaste!