Why I Love the New Shaw’s MyMixx Savings Program & a Shrimp Caesar Salad Recipe
Who doesn’t love to save money these days, or need to? I know I consider myself a pretty good saver when it comes to shopping savvy. I like to match sales to coupons, and meals to sale items.
My favorite grocery store happens to be Shaw’s Supermarket which I have been shopping at since a baby. I have always loved their prices, atmosphere, and sales. Now, I have something more to love with their latest MyMixx Savings Program.
So what’s the new Shaw’s MyMixx Savings Program you ask?
Well, I like to think of it as my super cool everything Shaw’s savings center. If you are like me and now loathe clipping, sorting, and actually using paper coupons; MyMixx is for you! Ideally using conventional coupons would be pretty awesome if I had time to actually clip and organize them. I love MyMixx so much because they have clip-less coupons for items that typically go on sale at Shaw’s all of the time.
My favorite coupon I clipped last week was the $5/$20 purchase at Shaw’s! Now how can’t you love that kind of savings? With MyMixx, your dashboard has a neat section with your clipped coupons, receipts, savings totals, and more! The virtual shopping list feature also makes shopping for favorites really awesome, and easy! Say good bye to those easy to lose paper lists!
Plus, you all know how much I love recipes and cooking. MyMixx has a really fun recipe center where you can find recipes by type, and occasion. Since we are in the Lenten Season I thought making a Shrimp Caesar Salad would be very appealing for most because seafood based dishes are in high demand.
I found this Shrimp Caesar Salad recipe in the MyMixx recipe center, and I loved that it called for easy to find ingredients that can all be found at Shaw’s. Loaded salads with plenty of cheese, dressing and Everyday Essentials™ Croutons are my favorite. Not for nothing, but I actually prefer the Everyday Essentials™ Croutons over any competitor. I loved the flavors, texture, and of course the price!
Want to make this Shrimp Caesar Salad recipe originally found in the Shaw’s MyMixx recipe center? Here is what you will need:
- 1 pound tail-on cooked shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon & pepper seasoning
- 1 (10 ounce) package Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup prepared Caesar salad dressing
- 1/2 cup fancy shredded Parmesan cheese
- Essential Everyday™ Caesar Croutons
In medium bowl, combine oil, lemon juice and lemon & pepper seasoning; toss with shrimp. Set aside.
In large bowl, combine lettuce, dressing, cheese and desired amount of croutons; toss to coat.
Divide among 4 large salad bowls or plates and top with shrimp
So now that I shared this delicious Shrimp Caesar Salad recipe I found on Shaw’s MyMixx, let’s explore how to sign up, and the benefits:
- The Shaw’s MyMixx App can be accessed from a desktop, tablet, or downloaded as a mobile phone app
- Registration is super easy, but not that you will need a phone number for signing up. This is how you activate your MyMixx savings at the register.
- Adding items to your shopping list, and clipping coupons can be done from the app, or your computer.
- In as little as a click you can sign up for your Shaw’s shopping receipts to be sent via sms text message, or via email
- Redeeming coupons is super easy and requires only a phone number at checkout-no bar codes, or physical phone needed.
*Stay tuned for next week, because we will be sharing another awesome recipe from the Shaw’s MyMixx!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Jewel-Osco. The opinions and text are all mine.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Shaw’s. The opinions and text are all mine.