Grape-Nuts Pudding with Cinnamon Whipped Cream & a Nintendo Sweepstakes
A New England Classic, this warm, custardy dessert is made with Grape-Nuts Cereal, and sure to be a hit with your family.
Servings: 6 ramekins
- 1 cup Grape Nuts Cereal soaked in warm water in the measuring cup.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter *reserve a tiny bit for buttering the ramekins
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of each: cinnamon & nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Butter 6 medium-sized ramekins with butter
In a large bowl, whisk the scalded milk, eggs, sugar, extract, butter, & spices
Add moistened Grape-Nuts cereal to each ramekin
Pour custard mixture over each ramekin evenly (leave 1/2 inch of space at the top)
Bake for 35 mins in a water bath.
Allow to cool & firm up. You can also refrigerate these.
In a large bowl, with mixer speed on high, blend the ingredients until stiff white peaks appear. Add whipped cream to a piping bag and pipe on each pudding cup.