The Best Baked Sweet Potato with Buffalo Chicken Sausage
A healthier spin on a classic. We have lighten up the classic flavors of Buffalo chicken wings and added them into a sweet potato. Dressed with green onion, non fat Greek yogurt, a light sprinkling of cheese, and a hint of fresh Gorgonzola, this is one stuffed potato you do not want to miss. It is jam-packed with protein and perfect for after the gym. The best part?
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 package al fresco Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage divide among the four potatoes
- 1/4 cup red hot sauce
- 4 medium sweet potatoes divide among the four potatoes
- 4 tablespoons non-fat Greek yogurt divide among the four potatoes
- 2 tablepoons diced red onion divide among the four potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped Green onion divide among the four potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Gorgonzola Cheese crumbles divide among the four potatoes
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
Carefully prick holes into each of the 4 potatoes. It does not have to be deep. Just enough to help for venting.
Place potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet.
Bake for 45-60 mins or until tender.
Add chicken sausage to a frying pan, and pan fry until golden brown for 3-5 minutes *these are fully cooked**
Pan-fry the chicken sausage until done. Once done, remove from heat and toss with the red hot sauce, set aside.
Slice each potato halfway and fill each evenly with sausage.
Remove potatoes from oven (using oven mitts). Add red onion, and cheese, scallions- bake at 350 for 3 mins.
Remove from oven (using oven mitts), and top with Greek dressing.
Potatoes will be hot, so cool a little and enjoy!