Grilled BBQ Chicken Sausage Kabobs with Pineapple and Veggies
A sweet & savory shish kabob recipe that features the perfect balance of flavor. These lower fat kabobs are easy to make and make for the ideal grilled meal.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 8 Kabobs
- 1 package al fresco apple chicken sausage sliced into 1/2 thick circles
- 1 large red bell pepper Cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 pineapple Cut into chunks
- 1 medium red onion Cut into chunks- about 3-4 layers on each chunk
- 1 small zucchini Cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce I used a sweet & smoky blend
Heat grill to 400 degrees f.
Using metal grilling skewers for kabobs, layer each piece of produce so that there 3-4 pieces of sausage per kabab. I tried to make mine in the color of the rainbow.
Grill for 2 mins on each side. You do not want these to burn so I suggest going lightly since the chicken sausage is pre-cooked.
Then, for the last 2 minutes baste with BBQ sauce, and THEN cook for 1 minute each side. To make sure the veggies were the perfect texture, I allowed these to sit in the grill with residual heat for an additional 5 minutes.
Enjoy with some fixings like corn, and watermelon.