ROTEL Topped Baked Cod
An easy a delicious way to prepare cod filet in a pinch. ROTEL adds just the right amount of flavor to every bite.
Servings: 5 people
- 2 lbs wild caught cod loins
- 1 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1 can RO*TEL Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies Drain excess juices
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter sliced into small pads
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 3 1/2 tsp (s) each of black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder sprinkle on each cod loin
Heat oven to 375 degrees.
Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange cod loins on the baking sheet, pat excess moisture out of each.
Sprinkle each with breadcrumbs.
Arrange butter pads over each slice (one on each end).
Bake for 20 mins or until fish is flaky.
Once done, top each filet with a dollop of RO*TEL.
Turn off the oven.
Return to the oven for 5 mins to warm the Rotel using the residual heat. Enjoy!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 316cal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 428mg | Potassium: 959mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 425IU | Vitamin C: 10.1mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 2.8mg