Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Bombs are an easy to make, breakfast idea that is made with crescent dough in a muffin tin. They are referred to as breakfast bombs due to the cheesy, melty, explosion of flavors in your mouth as you bite into them.
When it comes to weekend breakfasts, our family loves to indulge in some sweet and sometimes savory options. Now that the weather is cooling down rapidly, we will tend to have more lazy weekend mornings where we can relax and unwind with some good food and company.
These Sausage, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Bombs are one of our favorite creations that even the kids can help with.
Sometimes cooking in the kitchen can get a little hectic with kids, but when I make simple creations like these Sausage, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Bombs, I welcome their assistance.
I really am so excited to share today’s savory breakfast bombs. Made with Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage Patties, they are so amazing!
I typically make them in batches of 16, but since my girls were at school I made a smaller half batch which can be made in a 12 count muffin tin with no issues.
Ingredients Needed for Sausage Breakfast Bombs
- 4 Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage Patties heated (ready in 30 seconds in the microwave), and halved
- 3 eggs-scrambled
- 1/4 cup of shredded fancy cheese
- (1) 8-count package of crescent rolls
How to Make Sausage, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Bombs
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Take a non-stick muffin pan and space out 8 crescent dough triangles gently inserted into the muffin tin spaces.
Fill each dough triangle with a tablespoon of eggs
Then place a halved breakfast sausage Patty on top of the eggs
Finish each with a sprinkle of cheese.
Wrap your dough corners over the top to cover most of the filling.
Bake for 12 mins at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until golden brown.
Love Crescent Dough? Make these Crescent Bomb Recipes
- Pepperoni Cheese Bombs
- Apples & Brie Bombs
- Meatball and Cheese Bombs
- Garlic Bread Cheese Bombs
- Bacon Egg & Cheese Bombs
Enjoy hot while the cheese is still gooey. I did NOT have to use non-stick because the oils from the sausage will help to remove the Sausage, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Bombs with the help of a plastic knife or spatula to gently lift them.
I LOVE how these came out so crispy and completely delicious!
They remind me of a famous coffee shop’s Sausage, egg, and cheese croissant –only BETTER!!!
Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Bombs
- 4 sausage patties breakfast style, cut up
- 3 eggs scrambled
- 1/4 cup cheese shredded, or 8 cubes
- 8 oz crescent roll dough 1 tube
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees f.
- Spray your muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Open crescent dough (pop), and unravel 8 triangles of dough.
- Add triangles space out over 8 spaces.
- Add a piece of sausage, a tablespoon of eggs, and a cube or sprinkle of cheese to each.
- Wrap up dough in a ball, it is ok if there are a few open spaces.
- Bake a 375 for 11-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Enjoy warm.