Southwest Chipotle Chili & a Sangria Mocktail
A tasty chili recipe featuring rice, chorizo, and hamburger meat. Easy to make ahead of time and warm up for a hearty game day meal. *I doubled my recipe because my family is larger.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 5 servings
- 1 link chorizo sausage quartered 1/2 inch thick
- 12 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 can no salt added black beans drained & rinsed
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 package Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ - Spanish Rice
- 2 plum tomatoes chopped
Sangria Tea Mocktail
- 3 cups boiling water
- 5 Lipton® standard sized tea bags
- 2 cups grape juice *Can use no-sugar variety as well
- 1 1/2 cups chilled club soda
- 1 whole lime sliced
- 1 whole lemon sliced
- 1 whole orange sliced
Southwest Chipotle Chili
Cook chorizo in a large stock pot over medium heat for 5 mins. Add ground beef and chopped onion to same stockpot and cook over medium-high heat until beef is browned; about 5 minutes.
Stir in chili powder, beans, corn, and water
Add in Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ - Spanish Rice; reduce heat and simmer covered until rice is tender, for about 7-10 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes.
Allow chili to sit for 5 mins before serving.
*Optional: Serve with cheese, sour cream, avocado, or tortillas