Grilled BBQ Chicken Sausage Kabobs with Pineapple and Veggies
A sweet & savory shish kabob recipe that features the perfect balance of flavor. These lower fat kabobs are easy to make and make for the ideal grilled meal.
Servings: 8 Kabobs
- 1 package al fresco apple chicken sausage sliced into 1/2 thick circles
- 1 large red bell pepper Cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 pineapple Cut into chunks
- 1 medium red onion Cut into chunks- about 3-4 layers on each chunk
- 1 small zucchini Cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce I used a sweet & smoky blend
Heat grill to 400 degrees f.
Using metal grilling skewers for kabobs, layer each piece of produce so that there 3-4 pieces of sausage per kabab. I tried to make mine in the color of the rainbow.
Grill for 2 mins on each side. You do not want these to burn so I suggest going lightly since the chicken sausage is pre-cooked.
Then, for the last 2 minutes baste with BBQ sauce, and THEN cook for 1 minute each side. To make sure the veggies were the perfect texture, I allowed these to sit in the grill with residual heat for an additional 5 minutes.
Enjoy with some fixings like corn, and watermelon.