Don’t have an angel food cake pan? No problem because this light, fluffy, two-ingredient Pineapple Angel Food Cake is baked in a 9 x 13 pan. You only need one can of crushed pineapple and a box of angel food cake mix to bake up this low-fat treat!
Why this Cake is Amazing
On Weight Watchers? Good news, this cake is a compatible dessert option for most of their plans (not the keto one). Besides that, you’ll find that it’s:
Cheap to make – This cake costs under $4 to make in the Northeast. Of course, prices are rapidly increasing but compared to other cakes, it is still pretty cheap.
Easy to Bake – You can bake this cake recipe in a 9 x 13 pan (that is greased). Simply spray the pan with nonstick spray, pour in the mixed cake batter, and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes on the center rack.
Tastes Delicious – While this cake is not a fluffy cake, it is a moist, flavorful cake. It has the taste of summer and goes great with some whipped cream with a cherry on top.
While it may seem surprising, you do not need ANY water or oil for this recipe! All you need is the “just add water” variety of Angel food cake mix and one 20-ounce can of crushed pineapple with all juices intact.
How to Make Pineapple Angel Food Cake
Two-ingredient Pineapple Angel Food Cake is so easy to make. Just to give you an idea, here are the steps:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the crushed pineapple and angel food cake together.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking dish.
- Bake on the center rack position for 40-45 minutes.
- Once the cake is done, gently run a rubber spatula around the edges of the cake.
- Invert the cake onto a serving platter to keep it fluffy (prevents sinking).
Can you use a 9 x 13 Pan for Angel Food Cake?
Yes, this pineapple angel food cake is baked in a 9 x 13 pan. The pan I used is a Staub ceramic baking dish and it requires generous spraying of nonstick spray on all surfaces. It takes about 40-45 minutes to bake up in this type of pan. To use a bundt pan, follow this pineapple cake recipe.
Does Pineapple Angel Food Cake have to be Refrigerated?
This cake does not have to be refrigerated! Store any cooled leftovers in an airtight container, or bag to save for up to 2 days for the absolute best flavor. You can also freeze this cake for up to 3 months when stored in a freezer-safe, airtight container, or bag.
What are the Calories in Pineapple Angel Food Cake?
This cake serves 12 slices and has roughly 125 calories per slice without any toppings. Angel food cake is virtually fat-free and so are the pineapples making this a better for you dessert option.
Can I use Pineapple Chunks in this Cake?
You can 100% use a 20-ounce can of pineapple chunks, but they will need to be pureed. Simply add the entire contents of a 20-ounce can of pineapple chunks into a blender and briefly pulse until just pureed (about 3-5 seconds). Use all the pureed mixture in your cake recipe.
More Cake Recipes to Try
Looking for some additional easy cakes for the summer? Check these out today!
2 Ingredient Pineapple Angel Food Cake
- Oven adjusted to the center rack position
- 9 x 13 baking dish
- large mixing bowl
- Rubber Spatula
- metal whisk
- 16 ounces angel food cake *just add water variety
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple *do not drain
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl (batter will expand and get foamy), add the cake mix and the entire contents of the pineapple can.
- Pour batter into your greased pan.
- Bake on the center rack for 40 -45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. The cake will be springy to the touch and have a deep, golden-brown color.
- Run a rubber spatula around the outside of the cake. Carefully flip the cake over and allow it to cool before serving.