DIY Reindeer Hot Cocoa Cones- Easy & Fun!
Reindeer Hot Cocoa Cones or Reindeer Hot Chocolate Cones as my son likes to say, are the perfect edible Christmas craft or gift idea! Scroll down for the complete DIY!
With Christmas right around the corner there are all sorts of cute, frugal craft ideas like these Reindeer Hot Cocoa Cones that are sure to make someone smile. In my mind this holiday season I had anticipated making homemade ornaments, cookies, body scrubs, and so much more. In reality I’m not sure why I thought I could transform into superwoman because pretty much nothing got done! I barely even have time to wrap gifts!
Thanks to a wonderful, frugal, and smart friend (Annie) I have an adorable gift idea to share with you all! This awesome kids DIY Christmas gift is called Reindeer Hot Cocoa Cones, and they are a fun way to celebrate the season. This is pretty much the cutest gift idea for teachers, classmates, grandparents, and pretty much anyone else who appreciates a gift from the heart.
What do I need to Make Reindeer Cocoa Cones?
- Hot cocoa (powdered)
- Mini marshmallows
- Large Piping bags (can be purchased at your local craft store). If you use smaller ones you will need less cocoa.
- Red Pom Poms (can be purchased at your local craft store)
- Brown Pipe Cleaners (can be purchased at your local craft store)
- Googly eyes (can be purchased at your local craft store)
- Chocolate chips *optional
- Circle Sticky tabs or velcro circles to adhere the red pom poms
How much cocoa to fill a cocoa cone?
You will need two cups of powdered cocoa for each cocoa cone if you use the large sized bags. Here are the instructions to assemble them:
- Fill your Piping bags with the hot cocoa mix (2 cups worth per bag- I used larger bags)
- Top with mini marshmallows, and then a small amount of chocolate chips.
- Tie them off it a knot.
- Wrap your pipe cleaner around the knot to make them look like antlers.
- Using double-sided tape, or sticky circles tape the googly eyes, and red pom poms to your bags.
Voila~Enjoy your Reindeer Hot Cocoa Cones!! You now have a cute, frugal craft, and gift idea! These make cheap and fun classroom gifts, gifts to attach to gift cards, or kid-friendly holiday crafts.
How many cups of cocoa can each cone make in total?
Each standard cup of cocoa requires 3 tablespoons of cocoa. The total amount of cups you can create from one cocoa cones equals: about 10 cups of cocoa (6 ounces per cup).
If you like Edible Christmas DIY treats, check out our other TOP posts:
Pin this for later:
Get the supplies needed for this craft on Amazon:
Brown Pipe Cleaners:
Red Pom Poms:
Visit Savvy Saving Couple’s profile on Pinterest.