Oatmeal Power Cookies
These no bake Oatmeal Power Cookie bites are loaded with wholesome nutrition and easy to make.
Last weekend I could have cooked, and baked my life away! I seriously spent at least 10 hours in the kitchen experimenting with new recipes, and trying to adapt old favorites to gluten free renditions. It was fun, but wow did I produce a ton of dishes! I spent the other few hours of my awake time scrubbing pots, pans, and kitchen counters.
One of the recipes that I made healthier was my old no bake oat based cookies. Since having two people with gluten and wheat allergies has really thrown a fork in my old cooking and baking favorites I am kinda forced to make thing healthier. I suppose that is not that big of a deal though? Anyhow, I managed to make these sweet snacks into little energy balls that could easily be made Paleo as well!!
You will not need your oven for these cookies, but you will need a small stock pot to heat the peanut butter, honey, and oil. This allows the cookies to bind, and really gives them a delicious taste! in my opinion this taste very similar to high fat, non peanut butter snacks–that is a win win! My cookies are not that pretty though because I did not take the time to sculpt them perfectly. Three kids and a dog pretty much biting my ankles is the root cause of that!!
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed or chia seeds
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (or butter)
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Over medium heat, melt your peanut butter, butter (or coconut oil), and maple syrup; stir until mixed, and uniform.
- Pour oats in a large bowl with coconut flakes chocolate chips, and flax seeds (or chia).
- Pour the hot mixture in and thoroughly mix it.
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop up balls of the oat mixture and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Place in a cold place, or refrigerator for at least an hour until set.
- These no-bake, gluten-free cookies are VERY healthy, and are so delicious!!