Baked pepperoni pizza rolls are easy to make, and a great way to combine two of your favorite foods. All you need is some dough, pepperoni slices, mozzarella cheese, marinara sauce, melted butter, and Italian herbs. You can even add some Parmesan cheese if you want! These pizza rolls will be a hit with the whole family. This recipe was found on SideChef. You can save $10 on your Walmart Grocery Order (affiliate) when you shop their recipes!
Today, we are sharing everything you need to make Baked Pepperoni Pizza Rolls in an easy step-by-step format so that there is no confusion or guessing about how to put this dish together. It’s also super affordable – not much more than what it costs for pre-made frozen pizzas from the grocery store which don’t taste anywhere near as good as these do! After they bake, these rolls are golden brown, crispy around the edges, and full of flavor from the easy pizza ingredients. If you’re looking for an easy appetizer or kid-friendly meal idea that’s sure to be a hit at any party, look no further than this recipe!
Before starting this recipe, you’ll want to verify that you have the following ingredients:
- Pizza Dough – You will need one pound of dough for this recipe. If you’d like to double the recipe, simply use 2 pounds as well as double the cheese and pepperoni. We love using the brand
Walmart sells for $1 per pound package. It is frozen in the deli area. You can also use any recipe you prefer for the dough.
- All-purpose flour – You will need about 3 tablespoons of flour to make it easier to roll out your pizza dough. Coat the pastry board and roling pin, but don’t over do it or your dough can become crumbly and dry. If that happens, add a teaspoon of water to the dough to moisten.
- Pepperoni slices – We used the entire 6-ounce package we purchased at Walmart. We added about 5 pieces per roll.
- Mozzarella cheese – If using cheese sticks, you will need 7-8 cut into 3 pieces each. This could fluctuate depending on how large your rolls are.
- Marinara sauce – You will need 1/2 cup as each roll only really gets a teaspoon each. You can use any brand you prefer.
- Melted Butter – You will need 3 tablespoons of butter which you can melt in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- Italian seasoning – This adds that much-desired flavor to your rolls since dough can be bland.
Equipment and Supplies Needed
We used the following equipment and supplies to make this recipe. Items that are optional or can be substituted will be noted.
- 11 x 13 pan – You will need a greased casserole style baking pan like a Pyrex glass bakeware to cook these in. You’ll want them to almost touch while baking. Don’t worry they should still pull apart easily.
- Cutting board – You can use a large wooden cutting board or pastry board to roll out your pizza dough, and cut it into balls. You will also need this to cut your cheese pieces.
- Pizza Cutter – This will easily help cut the pizza dough into small portions.
- Rolling pin – Needed to roll out the dough before cutting and after.
- Oven – To bake these pizza rolls in.
- Pastry brush – To brush the butter and herbs onto the stuffed rolls.
- Small bowl – To mix the melted butter and herbs in.
This recipe is easy to make if you know the right tips and tricks! Here are my tips for ensuring your Pizza Rolls come out perfectly.
This recipe features fresh pizza dough. While you can make your own, we suggest buying the store-bought kind from places like Walmart. It is just $1 per pound and is easy to work with. Just be sure your dough is chilled so that it doesn’t start to expand and get sticky.
Additionally, if you prefer, you can use biscuit or crescent dough. This recipe for pizza crescent bites is perfect if you do not want to fuss with dough.
While we think it is easiest to use mozzarella cheese sticks, you can get great results with the following cheeses:
- Mozzarella Pearls
- Cubed mozzarella
- Shredded mozzarella
- Cubed cheddar, American, or Swiss
If you want to store your Pizza Rolls, just follow these easy steps.
For leftovers, pizza rolls in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Warm in the microwave or toaster oven until warmed throughout.
After baking rolls, allow them to fully cool before freezing them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Once frozen, store rolls in an airtight container for up to 30 days. Thaw in the refrigerator and bake/cook in a toaster oven or microwave until warm.
Follow the recipe below to make Pepperoni Pizza Rolls! This recipe makes 21 SERVINGS, but you can adjust the recipe card for other serving sizes.
Baked Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
- 11 x 13 pan
- Cutting board
- Pizza Cutter
- rolling pin
- pastry brush
- Small bowl
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 6 ounces pepperoni slices
- 7 ounces mozzarella cheese 7 mozzarella cheese sticks
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour *for rolling out the pizza dough.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease an 11 x 13 pan with nonstick spray or butter.
- On a floured cutting board, roll out the pizza dough into a large rectangle. Be sure to stretch the dough as you go since it will want to retract quickly. Using a pizza cutter, cut out 21 balls of dough.
- Roll out each little piece of dough. Add 4-5 slices of pepperoni to each and ⅓ of a cheese stick. Add 1 teaspoon of marinara to each and close the dough see image above* Place the roll(s) seam side down onto the greased pan.
- Once all rolls have been stuffed, brush them with melted butter and sprinkle Italian seasoning over the tops of them.
- Bake for 20 minutes. The dough will be golden browned, and the tops will feel firm and crispy. Enjoy warm!