Thank you Heluva Good! for sponsoring this post.
Crispy Baked Potato Wedges are an easy and inexpensive side dish that any level of home cook can easily replicate. Made with onion soup mix, and olive oil, these are baked in the oven until golden brown on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
Looking for an elevated way to enjoy these delicious and easy Crispy Baked Potato Wedges? Consider dipping them into Heluva Good! French Onion Dip.
One of my family’s favorite side dishes that I often turn to are french fries. Sometimes, I buy them frozen and other times I make my own.
I just love a crispy potato wedge with a yummy coated outside, and moist, fluffy inner! Over the years, I have perfected this recipe but do make different variations including this recipe which features onion soup mix.
So, you are probably wondering how you too can achieve crispy, and perfectly baked fries, well, the good news is it is pretty darn easy! Check out the below tips for everything you need to know about making potato wedges in the oven.
But, first I want to tell you all about my favorite line of dips from the Heluva Good! brand!
Heluva Good! Dip is available in flavors like:
- French Onion Dip
- Buttermilk Ranch Dip
- Jalapeño Cheddar Dip
You can find these crowd-pleasing dips in the dairy aisle (refrigerated) of your local supermarket! They are amazing as a wing dip, potato wedges dip, veggie dip, cracker dip, or chip dip–the possibilities are endless!
I really enjoyed using the French Onion Dip to dip our Crispy Baked Potato Wedges in. They paired together perfectly and created an elevated way to enjoy oven baked fries.
Heluva Good! Dip is the perfect food to enjoy outdoors or bring to a party. We recently enjoyed it in our Heluva Good! pool float which you can enter to win below!
How fun is this?
Now that you know Heluva Good! Dip can literally become the life of the pool party–haha, let’s get back to making these delicious, crispy potato wedges.
Ingredients for Baked Potato Wedges
- 2 lbs russet baking potatoes rinsed clean
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 packet of onion soup mix
Tips for Crispy, Golden Brown Potato Wedges
To make the perfect potato wedges, I have come to find that this simple process is all you need for a crispy outer, and fluffy inner.
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
Line a baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil.
Scrub your potatoes clean and cut them into wedges. You can easily do this by cutting them in half the long way, and then in half again. Each normal sized potato makes about 12 wedges.
Add the wedges to a glass bowl and toss with the oil, and soup mix. Use your hands to coat all pieces evenly.
Place wedges on your baking sheet with space for them to get browned. You do not want them heavily packed on there.
They will cook for about 30-35 minutes time and will need to be flipped at the 15 minute mark to evenly brown on each side.
Once they are done, serve them with your favorite dipping medium. Ours happens to be Heluva Good! French Onion Dip.
Best Potatoes for Potato Wedges
My favorite wedge potatoes are russet, and yukon gold. However, if you’d like a little more color, red bliss will produce smaller wedges but also bake well.
Want to Win a Pool Float?
Just in time for summer, Heluva Good! has created the SS Snacker to ensure that pool loungers everywhere don’t have to sacrifice their dip as they hit the pool.
We are also giving 5 away to 5 lucky readers!! Enter below!
- Prizes: Heluva Good! SS Snacker Pool Float *Up to 5 winners*
- Dates: Now-August 12th!
- Entry Options: Readers may enter the giveaway via the widget with the following options:
- Leave a blog comment
- Follow Heluva Good! on Twitter
- Visit Heluva Good! on Facebook
- Share a link to the blog post on a social channel (post must be public)
- Notification: Winners will be randomly selected and notified by CLEVER by August 14
- Terms & Conditions:
- Age 18+
- US resident only
- Only one winner per household
Crispy Potato Wedges
- 2 lbs Russet Potatoes washed, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 oz onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup Heluva Good! French Onion Dip optional
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil.
- Scrub your potatoes clean and cut them into wedges. You can easily do this by cutting them in half the long way, and then in half again. Each normal sized potato makes about 12 wedges.
- Add the wedges to a glass bowl and toss with the oil, and soup mix. Use your hands to coat all pieces evenly.
- Place wedges on your baking sheet with space for them to get browned. You do not want them heavily packed on there.
- They will cook for about 30-35 minutes time and will need to be flipped at the 15 minute mark to evenly brown on each side.