Are you tired of sifting through years of stuff in the kitchen junk drawer just to find a simple pen, battery, key, etc…? Enough is enough! Because today you’ve decided that you’re going to regain control of your drawers, and we’re going to show you the best in-drawer organizers we’ve ever used! This post is sponsored by Spectrum Diversified. All views are our own.
Read on for our easy kitchen in-drawer organization steps along with some tried and true products to help you reduce clutter and transform your storage.
I think we can all agree that having a clean well-organized home is better than a cluttered, disorganized home. That’s just common sense, right?
In fact, it’s estimated that the home organization market will reach upwards of $19.5 billion in 2021 according to Packaged Facts (a market research publisher). Clearly, people care about organizing their homes, closets, garages, sheds, etc… However, drawers often get overlooked.
For the longest time, we had bins upon bins of holiday decorations clearly labeled and stacked in the basement. Our closets were equipped with shelving, poles, and more bins. The kitchen cabinets were arranged by category and pantry items neatly organized.
The kitchen drawers, however…😤 were a cluttered mess! We couldn’t take it anymore, so we did something about it.
The result – we now find the things we need so much easier and faster with less stress!
In-Drawer Organization Steps
Organizing kitchen drawers can be hard if you don’t have the right tools and tips. By following these easy steps, you can organize your kitchen drawers in no time!
Start with the Organizer
First, I highly recommend you start by purchasing an in-drawer organizer that’s sized for the drawer(s) you’re organizing.
Knowing what you have to work with for dividers and space before sorting through the drawer contents is very helpful.
We recommend the Hexa™ Collection by Spectrum. They’re the best we’ve owned thus far! Spectrum makes a variety and I mean abundance of stylish, super affordable home goods that you need in your life! We have owned many of their products throughout the years and they have never disappointed!
Why You’ll Love These In-Drawer Organizers
First of all, Spectrum has clearly spent loads of time considering all of the different types of tools someone would need to store inside their drawers. They have one of the most extensive collections we’ve seen.
Have you ever used one of those generic kitchen in-drawer organizers that have only 5 or 6 compartments? The forks spill over into the spoons. The butter knives get co-mingled with the potato peeler, can opener, and measuring spoons – plus, any knife over 6 inches doesn’t even fit!?
I’ve been there, and it’s frustrating.
Hexa™ Collection by Spectrum solves those problems by offering an assortment of different in-drawer trays that are sized for a variety of different kitchen tools.
What’s so great about them?
- They’re made of sturdy clear frosted plastic so they look modern and will keep looking modern for years.
- The material is designed to prevent the buildup of dirt and “other gross residues”.
- The trays have rubber feet to prevent the tray(s) from sliding inside the drawer. (This used to drive me crazy with my old in-drawer organizer!)
- They’re not restricted to the kitchen. The assortment of sizes and styles allow these to work in bathroom drawers too!
- You can save 10% on your next purchase of select items on Amazon!
Sort the Contents
Once you’ve purchased your new in-drawer organizers and have them ready to fill, you can start sorting your drawer contents.
Follow these steps:
- Remove everything from the drawer.
- Clean the inside of the drawer by vacuuming out crumbs and wiping it clean.
- Place the in-drawer organizer into your clean empty drawer.
- Sort through all of the drawer contents.
- If you haven’t used a particular tool/item in the past year, you should throw it away. This basically proves that you obviously don’t need it if you haven’t used it in a whole year.
- If it’s a tool/item you use often, place it into the organizer.
- Continue sorting through the drawer contents until you’ve found a place for all of it.
- Repeat this for every drawer you need to organize.
Our Favorite Organizers
As I mentioned a few times already, or favorite kitchen in-drawer organizers are Hexa™ Collection by Spectrum. If you’re organizing your drawers, I highly recommend them. They have a large variety of products to choose from. These items can be used beyond the kitchen in pantries, garages, craft rooms, baby rooms, bathrooms, and kid’s rooms.
The products we used in our in-drawer transformations are listed below. Be sure to click through to save 10% on select items.
- 6-Divider Buildup-Resistant Organizer & Utensil Holder
- Set of 4 Assorted Storage Buildup-Resistant Kitchen & Bathroom Drawer Trays
- 6″ x 12″ x 2″ Buildup-Resistant Kitchen & Bathroom, Easy-to-Clean Kitchen Utensil Drawers, Desk Organizer Tray
- 6″ x 15″ x 2″ Buildup-Resistant Kitchen & Bathroom
- 6-Divider Expandable Silverware Tray, Buildup-Resistant Kitchen Drawer Organizer & Utensil Holder With Locking Expandable Wings
If kitchen (or any room) in-drawer organization isn’t on your list of home projects, it should be. It’s a relatively cheap project that provides lots of value for your money.
A properly organized drawer will help you:
- Save time;
- Find things easier;
- See everything in the drawer at once; and
- Be more productive!
Check out Spectrum’s extensive line of in-drawer organizers and take back control of your drawers!
Leave a Reply