Buffalo Shrimp Dip
We are Gorton’s Seafood Ambassadors. All views expressed are that of our own. #TrustGortons
Chances are if you are reading this post right now, you love spicy foods. Maybe snacks like buffalo chicken dip are some of your favorites? After creating our Buffalo Shrimp Tacos, I got the idea to make Buffalo Shrimp Dip-2 ways! My family gobbled this recipe up quicker than I thought leading me to believe that this spicy dip would be amazing for holiday entertaining or game days.
Since I love shortcuts for my cooking, I really appreciate products like Gorton’s Seafood Popcorn Shrimp. I have been a true fan of their foods since a child. My mom used to make me Gorton’s Fish Sticks every Saturday for dinner. These days, Gorton’s Seafood had so many varieties that my 3 kids are spoiled.
Right now, they are really digging Gorton’s Butterfly Shrimp–check out our recipe for Deconstructed Coconut Shrimp Crostini these are the perfect sweet, and savory shrimp appetizer.
Today’s recipe for Buffalo Shrimp Dip is so easy that any level chef can whip it up for a potluck or holiday party. It is very similar in preparation to buffalo chicken dip but has a little less cream cheese and dressing because the shrimp doesn’t absorb as much moisture as white meat chicken.
I also decided to make this holiday shrimp appetizer two different ways to give you all ideas for presentation.
The only difference between the baked Buffalo Shrimp Dip and the Buffalo Shrimp Cups is the final step. Rather than baking the dip in a casserole dish, you bake them in the cups with a sprinkle of cheese, and then scallions for less time.
For everyday home enjoyment, I prefer the baked version of this dip, but for parties, the Buffalo Shrimp Cups are prettier and easier to eat for guests.
Gorton’s Popcorn Shrimp pairs so well with the creamy blue cheese dressing and the buffalo sauce. Add some cheddar cheese in and the recipe is perfecto!
See how it baked up super yummy?
I found thicker chips, or even a fork are some of the best ways to enjoy the baked Buffalo Shrimp Dip.
The cups are a little more time consuming but are an appetizer that can be easily passed around.
Get the printable recipe for Buffalo Shrimp Dip 2 Ways below!
Buffalo Shrimp Dip
- 1 box Gorton's Popcorn Shrimp-large size box *Cooked according to package instructions * save about 1/2 cup worth of cooked shrimp to top dip.
- 1 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1/3 cup buffalo hot sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook Gorton's Popcorn Shrimp According to the package instructions. *Reserve about 10 pieces to top dip. Once done, turn oven down to 350 degrees. In a medium-sized bowl, mix the cream cheese, blue cheese dressing, and hot sauce. Additionally, you can prepare the dip and add it to filo dough cups and sprinkle with cheese before baking for 3-5 minutes. This makes it a tasty appetizer that is easy to eat and bite-sized. Stir in the shrimp, and mix until just combined. Place mixture in a small casserole dish, and cover with the cheddar cheese, and remaining cooked shrimp. Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with scallions before serving. Enjoy!