This Slow Cooker (Crockpot) Meatloaf is moist, savory and oozing with melted cheese! This delicious recipe is easy to make and is great for families.
Since cheese makes most dinners better, I decided to add it to this delicious crockpot meatloaf recipe. I love slow cooker dinners because of their easy preparation and the amazing flavors that result.
How to Stuff Cheese into Slow Cooker Meatloaf
Stuffing cheese into meatloaf (or ground beef in general) creates an amazingly moist meatloaf with an extra layer of savory flavor.
You want to use block (or sliced) cheese in your meatloaf, not shredded cheese. Shredded cheese doesn’t melt into a smooth creamy filling because of the anti-caking ingredient it contains.
I chunked out half a block of sharp white cheddar, and put it into the center of my meatloaf. Form the ground beef around the cheese so it’s centered as much as possible. You want the thickness of ground beef to be the same above the cheese as below the cheese – along the sides as well.
Add it to your slow cooker and set on low heat for 6 hours.
If the meat is fully encapsulating the cheese chunks, the cheese should not escape… until, of course you slice your fork through it!
This had to be some of the most tastiest cheese stuffed slow cooker meatloaf ever!
1-1/2 lbs 85% lean ground meat
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup honey mustard
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
Spices-salt, pepper, onion, and garlic powder
Half a bar of sharp white cheddar cheese cut into little cubes
In a large mixing bowl, add you meat, and slowly work in your egg, breadcrumbs, spices, and sauces. Mix them well, and form your meat into a large circle. Add your diced cheese to the center, and form your meat around it, into a loaf shape.
Place your meat into your slow cooker, and add your onions to the top of it. Set it to low, and let it slow cook for no more than 6 hours.
Your slow cooker cheese stuffed meatloaf will melt in your mouth, and be a hit! You could also place a few strips of bacon over the top, or add BBQ sauce for even more flavor!
Cheese Stuffed Slow Cooker Meatloaf
- 1-1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup honey mustard
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup italian bread crumbs
- 1 sliced onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese 1/2 block of 8oz cheese
- In a large Mixing Bowl, add the ground beef
- Slowly work in your egg, breadcrumbs, spices, and sauces
- Mix well and form the meat into a large circle
- Cut the cheddar cheese into square cubes. Cut the onion into slices.
- Add the cheddar cheese to the center of the meat circle and form the meat around the cheese.
- Add the meatloaf to the slow cooker and add the sliced onion to the top.
- Turn the slow cooker on and set it to low. Cook for no more than 6 hours.
- Your slow cooker cheese stuffed meatloaf will melt in your mouth, and be a hit! You could also place a few strips of bacon over the top, or add BBQ sauce for even more flavor!