If you love hearty brunch recipes, this Cheesy Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole is for you! Made with eggs, sausage, bacon, and eggs it is a breakfast fit for a king! Perfect for a weekend brunch or brinner (breakfast for dinner) idea.
Tater tots, lots of sharp cheddar cheese, bacon, and sausage–is this anything more tantalizing than these delicious comfort foods? When paired with eggs, milk, onion, and spices these breakfast must-haves turn into one of the most satisfying, and addicting casseroles ever!
Make it for breakfast
I started our by pan frying the sausage and onion in a large skillet.
Since I never made a casserole, let alone a breakfast one, it was a bit of trial and error. I knew I wanted to use both my delicious al fresco chicken sausage links, and some tater tots I recently purchased.
We are not too big on eggy type foods so I only used 4 eggs, and milk. This combination worked out so well, and made what I like to call the perfect Cheesy Tater Tot Sausage & Bacon Casserole.
Mix the egg, milk, and hot sauce. Add it to the casserole dish by pouring it over the sausage and onion.
Add precooked tater tots to the top of the casserole over the egg mixture.
Add the shredded cheese and cooked, crispy bacon.
Once it is done, slice and serve it up. It goes so good with maple syrup, ketchup, or hot sauce. I also love to serve mine with some sour cream or nonfat Greek yogurt.
Cheesy Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- 9 x 13 deep-walled casserole dish
- Spray a deep-walled 9 x 13 casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Cook tater tots according to the package instructions.
- Cook bacon until crisp and set aside.
- Cook sausage and onions until done and add it directly to the casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, crack your eggs, and add you milk. Add in spices, and hot sauce. Whisk until combined.
- Pour over cooked sausage and onions.
- Add cooked tater tots neatly to the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once your casserole has cooked for 30 minutes, add the remaining 8 ounces of cheddar, bacon, and chives. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Casserole should feel firm and a toothpick inserted into the top should come out clean.