These Chocolate Banana muffins are super moist, rich, and bake up to a fluffy perfection. They are the perfect pantry staples muffin recipe to make with overripe bananas. Each delicious bite is a sweet party for the taste buds! They pair well with a glass of milk or coffee/tea.
Lately, I have been sensing a pattern in my house with my kids. I buy 3 lbs of bananas and they let them sit in our fruit basket all week. Then, the little infamous dots start to appear, and they almost go bad. That is typically my que to add them into a banana recipe for overripe bananas.
Use up ripe bananas
Last week, Chocolate Banana Muffins, and Just Three Ingredient Banana Muffins won. I usually have a stocked pantry with baking essentials so I figured I’d mix things up a bit and make chocolate banana muffins. After all, I needed some way to make those almost squishy and mushy bananas enticing.
These muffins came out excellent and were so easy to make. I HATE complicated, fancy recipes that require multiple steps. That is why these one-bowl muffins were such a win! Plus, I was able to use up pantry staples I had on-hand in the house.
That’s why if you are like me, you will love the simplicity and ease of the moist muffin recipe. The texture was spot on, and my family gobbled them up quickly in just one days time!
Makes 12 muffins
This Chocolate Banana Muffin recipe makes 12 muffins that will be sure to fly out of the tin because they are so good. However, if you are cooking for just one or two people, they also do freeze well.
These can be frozen once baked and cooled. To freeze, add muffins to an air-saver bag, freezer bag, or air-tight container. Write the date on them, and heat time of 45 seconds. Enjoy within 30 days for best taste.
Chocolate Banana Muffins Recipe
- 12-count muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 12-count muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Prepare a muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl whisk the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Using a banana masher, mash your bananas.
- Add wet ingredients to the large dry ingredients bowl and mix to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips, and fill cupcake liners about half way
- Bake for 18-20 minutes checking the muffins at the 18 minute mark. If unsure on doneness do the toothpick test to determine if your muffins are fully cooked. When inserted into the center of the muffin, it should come out clean.
- Enjoy warm!