This Chocolate Chip Biscotti Recipe creates extra crunchy and delicious cookies! Our recipe is loaded with crunchy slivered almonds and rich, velvety chocolate chips. These biscotti cookies pair perfectly with a hot cup of tea or fresh coffee.
I don’t know about you, but I really love to eat my chocolate chip biscotti with hot tea. They just pair so well with a black tea and are the perfect shape for dipping. Maybe it is my inner child coming up but I love to dip my biscotti. Crunchy biscotti and hot tea are the adult “cookies and milk”.
In the past, I have always bought my biscotti at the market. However, once I started baking my own, I never looked back. You really can’t beat homemade cookies!
To make homemade Almond Chocolate Chip Biscotti, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 2 large egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
Making the Biscotti
This recipe is easier than it looks. Here is how the process goes. The full recipe steps are in the recipe card at the end of the post.
Note: A stand mixer is not required to make this recipe, but is recommended.
Start by mixing the butter, sugar, eggs, extract, and salt in the mixer. Reduce mixer speed. Slowly add the baking powder, and flour to the mixer.
Once the dough is fully mixed, fold in the almonds and chocolate chips.
I divided the dough into two floured balls.
Then, I added a piece of parchment paper to my counter, and an extra piece to put over the balls of dough to cleanly roll them out.
Bake the dough for 22 minutes at 350F. It should have golden brown edges like the picture below.
Once done, remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 mins Carefully slice the loaves into 1 1/2 inch biscotti.
Return to a 300 degree oven and bake each side for 15 mins. Once done, add to a wire rack and allow them to cool.
The end result is the tastiest biscotti I have ever had. I think you will agree!
If you like your biscotti not too crunchy, then you would love this recipe. I found the consistency to have the perfect amount of moisture, and crunch.
They paired well with my hot cup of tea I enjoyed afterwards.
How to Store Biscotti
Make sure your cut biscotti are completely cooled before putting them in an air-tight container. These will go really quickly because they are so delicious, but they do keep for up to 2 weeks in a dry, air-tight container.
Printable Recipe Card:
Almond Chocolate Chip Biscotti Recipe
- Stand Mixer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, add your butter, sugar, eggs, extract, and salt.
- Reduce mixer speed.
- Slowly add the baking powder, and flour to the mixer.
- Once dough is mixed, fold in the almonds and chocolate chips.
- lightly flour a work area, and your hands and place dough on it.
- Separate dough into two equal balls.
- Carefully form dough to a 1 1/2 inch thick, and 10 inch long piece
- Bake for 22 mins at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once done, remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 mins
- Carefully slice the loaves into 1 1/2 inch biscotti.
- Return to a 300 degrees Fahrenheit oven and bake the top and bottom sides for 15 mins each.
- Once done, add to a wire rack and allow them to cool.
- Serve with some tea or coffee.