This post is sponsored by The National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association (NFRA). All opinions are my own. For more inspiration during #FrozenFoodMonth, be sure to check out delicious ideas from NFRA
at EasyHomeMeals.com #MFFM2021
Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna is a no-bake chilled, layered dessert that is fairly simple to make. It can be chilled or frozen for a nice, icy treat. Paired with some traditional meat lasagna, it can make for a nice dinner and dessert idea.
If you are looking for the homestyle comfort of a good lasagna without the hassle, you should check out this tasty Meat Lasagna from Michael Angelo’s Frozen Gourmet Meals. Available in several different sizes for all families, each bite is loaded with homecooked Italian flavor.
These days, getting a hearty dinner like lasagna on the table can be tough. Between sports schedules, gym time, and hectic work schedules, we are all struggling to keep up.
While I am all about the cooking lifestyle, I admit there are days when I just cannot spend hours in the kitchen. That is when I turn to premium frozen meals like Michael Angelo’s. I love that their meals have a homemade taste, no artificial flavors, preservatives, and are just made of wholesome ingredients.
They make a variety of gourmet frozen meals, but we always end up with their Meat Lasagna because it is a variety we all can agree on–hello, picky eaters!
Our family prefers the Large Family size since it feeds 4.
I love how each layer is loaded with a thick, heaty meat sauce that tastes similar to my mother’s. While the cheese is modest, you could always add a little more during the last 5 minutes of baking.
Consider serving your baked lasagna with a side salad, bread sticks, or maybe even a dessert!
We all know that no dinner is complete without a good dessert, so we wanted to showcase an easy no-bake chocolate peanut butter dessert that pairs so well with Michael Angelo’s Meat Lasagna. Splurge on this rich dessert thanks to the time you saved with your dinner.
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna is the perfect no-bake, layered dessert that features a cookie, peanut butter cheesecake, and pudding layer.
Topped with whipped topping, chocolate, and peanut butter cups, this dessert is ideal for any time of year.
Made with common dessert staples, your kids will love every bite! Be sure to check out the printable recipe below to impress your family or guests!
Michael Angelo’s is available nation-wide and can be purchased in single serve, family, and large family sizes.
They also make Italian meal staples like Eggplant Parmesan, Chicken Parmesan, Vegetable Lasagna, Three Cheese Baked Ziti, as well as all new Gourmet Bowls.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna
- 13" x 9" deep-walled casserole dish
- large mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Rubber Spatula
- food processor
- measuring cup
- 36 chocolate sandwich cookies *keep cream in cookies
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup whole milk for peanut butter layer
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 11.8 ounces instant chocolate pudding (2 boxes)
- 4 cups whole milk for pudding preparation *you will have extra pudding
- 16 ounces whipped topping divided
- ½ cup peanut butter creamy style, melted
- ½ cup chocolate sauce
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups
- ⅓ cup peanut butter chocolate morsels
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- Prepare chocolate pudding with the 4 cups of milk and set in the fridge. You will have extra pudding leftover. Pudding will be thick and creamy in about 15 minutes once chilled.
- Add whole cookies to a food processor, and process until crumbs are fine. Mix processed cookies with melted butter and mix to combine. Firmly pat down the cookie layer into a parchment-lined baking dish. Chill for ten minutes before next step.
- Add room temperature cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, milk, and peanut butter into a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat for about one minute until creamy. Fold in 1 cup of whipped topping into the mixture.
- Remove dessert pan from the fridge, and layer on the peanut butter layer with a rubber spatula. Smooth over until evenly spread over the cookie layer. Place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Remove pudding from the refrigerator, and the dessert pan and layer on a thick pudding layer. Expect to have about 2 cups of pudding leftover. Place pan in the freezer for 15 minutes before the last cream layer.
- Remove dessert pan from the freezer and layer on the 12 ounces of whipped topping with a rubber spatula. Smooth cream over the top of the dessert, and return it to the freezer for 30 minutes before adding the final toppings.
- Microwave the peanut butter for 20-30 seconds until creamy. Remove layered dessert from the freezer and add toppings. Sprinkle the peanut butter cups, and morsels evenly over the top of the dessert. Swizzle over the sauces and return dessert to the refrigerator.
- Allow dessert to chill for one hour in the freezer to be able to cut nice slices from it. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Using a large, wet knife, and metal spatula to carefully carve and remove slices from the dessert.