Cinnamon and Sugar Mini Pumpkin Muffins are perfect for the fall season! These donut-like muffins are rolled in cinnamon and sugar for an extra delicious treat.
This recipe was originally posted September of 2014.
Even though Mother Nature may be pulling a cruel joke on the Northeast with these super hot, and incredibly humid days I have been in pumpkin mania mood.
When the calendar strikes September I suddenly crave all things pumpkin. From coffee to soup and everything in between, I just love the Fall.
The normally cool crisp air, changing leaves, and baking sprees I tend to go on calm my body, mind, and soul.
Do you love pumpkin flavored baked goods as much as my family does?
It may be a tad bit early to cook with real pumpkins but canned pumpkin is just as good. I am not referring to pumpkin pie filling, but rather the real deal. By itself, canned pumpkin doesn’t really taste good at all.
It is not until the addition of pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and nutmeg that envelope it into a delicious baked good ingredient.
I plan on making tons of delicious Fall baked goods, but wanted to start the season off right with some Cinnamon and Sugar Mini Pumpkin Muffins.
How to Make Cinnamon and Sugar Mini Pumpkin Muffins
These muffins are made in a standard size muffins tin, but they do not rise too much, and are like eating half of a muffin, hence the “mini” name.
They are the best eaten on the day of baking and they only produce 12 muffins, so they are really perfect for a family breakfast on the weekend, or a lunch box treat.
Ingredients to make Cinnamon and Sugar Mini Pumpkin Muffins:
- 1/4 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
How to Make the Cinnamon & Sugar Coating
- 1/4 cup unsalted melted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray
Whisk all your dry ingredients in one bowl, and then add the pumpkin, butter, egg, and extract. Beat by hand until just mixed-due not overbeat!!
Fill each muffin tin 2/3 of the way with batter.
Bake for 8-12 minutes *muffins will not rise like normal ones.
Once muffins are cooled, baste them in melted butter, and roll in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Serve the same day for the best taste. Lasts for 2 days at room temperature.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days at room temperature. These can also be frozen (without the cinnamon and sugar) for up to 3 months when stored properly. We like to food seal ours to keep them the freshest. Thaw at room temperature to enjoy!
I hope you really enjoy these cake like Cinnamon and Sugar Mini Pumpkin Muffins because we sure did!
Cinnamon & Sugar Pumpkin Muffins
- Oven adjusted to the center rack position
- 2 24-count mini muffins tins
- nonstick baking spray
- tablespoon cookie scoop
- large mixing bowl
- medium mixing bowl
- ½ cup butter softened, unsalted
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin *not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray (2) 24 count mini muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Whisk all your dry ingredients in one bowl. In another bowl, cream the butter, sugars, pumpkin, egg, and extract. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine until thick and fully combined.
- Using a mini cookie scooper, fill each muffin tin half way with batter.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes. These muffins will not rise like normal muffins. They will feel springy to the touch and pop out of the pan easily.
- While the muffins are warmn melted butter, and roll in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.