Delicious Blueberry Muffins Made with Almond Flour *Low Carb & Gluten Free are perfect for breakfast, or a snack. With only 12 carbs per muffin, they make an excellent snack for lower carb lifestyles.
Since my husband wants me to virtually cut out all white sugars form our family diet, I have been scrambling to find healthy, low carb versions of our favorite dishes. Blueberry muffins are some of our most cherished desserts that are loaded with fat, and sugar when made the traditional way. I recently received some Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour in from Vitacost to review, so I knew I wanted to incorporate it into my recipes.
I have to admit, I have never cooked with Almond Flour before, but researched some recipes for blueberry muffins made with almond flour, and came up with a version that tastes amazing! There is no unhealthy fat, no white sugar, and no white flour! Best of all, this recipe is loaded with healthy fats, is gluten free & low carb. I do not have the official calculator on fats, but I know they are good for you!
*Recipe yields 12 muffins
- 1 cup of ripe blueberries
- 2 cups of Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1/4 cup real honey (for keto diet, use 6 packets of stevia)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Always be sure your oven rack is set to the center position.
Set a muffin tins with baking cup liners (12 total)
Place all your ingredients except your blueberries into your food processor, blend until smooth. Once ingredient batter is smooth- about 30 seconds, remove blender cup from the base, and fold in blueberries with a rubber spatula.
Fill each muffin liner 3/4 of the way with batter.
Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Muffins will have a slightly golden brown coloring.
*These taste best warm, and are the most delicious blueberry muffins made with almond flour! The recipe is so easy, and quick to make that I would make them everyday if could! they are the perfect way to start the day off right!!
Store any leftovers in an airtight container once fully cooled. They last up to 3 days at room temperature, but are best eaten the while warm.
To freeze, add cooled muffins to a freezer-safe packaging, and store for up to 30 days. Thaw at room temperature before warming in the microwave for 20 seconds.
Blueberry Almond Flour Muffins
- 12-count muffin tin
- Rubber Spatula
- Ice Cream Scoop
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup real honey
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsps. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsps. coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Make sure oven rack is set to the center position.
- Line a 12-count muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Place all your ingredients except your blueberries into your food processor, blend until smooth
- Remove blender cup from the base, and fold in berries using a rubber spatula.
- Using an ice cream scoop, carefully fill each muffin tin liner 3/4 of the way with batter.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.