DIY: How to Make Little Flower Pot Candy Cakes
In about a week we will finally start to hopefully feel the first signs of spring here in New England. It has been such a cold and harsh winter that has certainly been no fun. I miss the grass, flowers, and birds chirping so incredibly much! My spring fever and recent shipment of Easter and spring candy from SweetWorks.net really got me in the mood to bake and create!
About a month ago my husband and I were at one of our local hardware stores and I spotted these really cute little clay flower pots. I decided to buy four because I knew they would be great for Easter or spring crafts. I thought I was gonna use them for egg place setting cards, but then today, while baking some gluten free chocolate cupcakes, a light went off in my head
Why not cut each cupcake in half and stuff them into each cleaned clay flower pot? I actually made homemade vanilla butter cream frosting as well, and knew that would come in handy as grass! I was so inspired by the little flower candies I received from SweetWorks that I decided to make little flower pot candy cakes.
- Tiny clay flower pots *Depending on how many you want*
- Chocolate cupcakes
- Green butter cream frosting. *you can find that recipe on our site as well
- Ovation Chocolate Sticks
- Celebration by SweetWorks Pastel Flowers Mix Sweet Shapes *available at select Walmart Stores.
- Bake a batch of chocolate cupcakes. Once they are cooled cut them each in half
- Wash and dry your mini clay pots. Be sure that there is NO loose debris inside
- Stuff each flower put with one half of a cupcakes
- Using a tiny tip-Frost your green butter cream frosting over the top of each pot
- Apply a small amount of butter cream to your Ovation Sticks, and adhere you Candy Flowers
- Gently plant your flower in the cake dirt
To get even more DIYs & Recipes please follow us on Pinterest